Basketball team falls to OCC
Poor second-half shooting plagues Mighty Oaks
The ESF men's basketball team fell to the Lazers of Onondaga Community College 83-62 at Allyn Hall Gymnasium Nov. 18.
The game had a similar storyline to the Mighty Oaks 85-56 loss to OCC last season: strong first half, poor second half.
In the first half, junior transfer Jared Bard provided some hot shooting, hitting three three-pointers. The Mighty Oaks led 21-16 late in the first half. The Lazers rallied back to take a 37-36 lead at the half.
In the second half, the combination of OCC's aggressive 2-3 zone defense and poor shooting was troublesome for the Mighty Oaks. They fell behind almost 20 points at times and ended the game in a 83-62 loss. Bard scored a game and career high 21 points, including five three-pointers.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 0-5 and look to pick up their first win of the season against USCAA opponent Penn State Worthington Scranton in their home opener Nov. 21 at Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210