Basketball team falls to OCC
Poor second-half shooting plagues Mighty Oaks
The ESF men's basketball team fell to the Lazers of Onondaga Community College 83-62 at Allyn Hall Gymnasium Nov. 18.
The game had a similar storyline to the Mighty Oaks 85-56 loss to OCC last season: strong first half, poor second half.
In the first half, junior transfer Jared Bard provided some hot shooting, hitting three three-pointers. The Mighty Oaks led 21-16 late in the first half. The Lazers rallied back to take a 37-36 lead at the half.
In the second half, the combination of OCC's aggressive 2-3 zone defense and poor shooting was troublesome for the Mighty Oaks. They fell behind almost 20 points at times and ended the game in a 83-62 loss. Bard scored a game and career high 21 points, including five three-pointers.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 0-5 and look to pick up their first win of the season against USCAA opponent Penn State Worthington Scranton in their home opener Nov. 21 at Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210