Professional Society Honors ESF Landscape Architect
Richard Hawks named Distinguished Senior Practitioner, Academic Practice
An ESF faculty member has been honored by the New York state chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
Professor Richard S. Hawks of Syracuse, a Distinguished Service Professor in the ESF Department of Landscape Architecture, was presented with the Distinguished Senior Practitioner, Academic Practice award. The award recognizes individual practitioners for their achievements in their field of practice.
Marshall R. Secord, a fifth-year landscape architecture student of Burdett, New York, received the Distinguished Student Award. This award recognizes students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and service within a department of landscape architecture or in other activities in the community related to the profession.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210