Indoor Track Team Has Strong Outing at Brockport
Outdoor season begins April 9
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's indoor track teams were back in action Feb. 20 at the Golden Eagle Invitational at SUNY Brockport.
For the men's team, sophomore Nick Giordano finished 12th out of 36 runners in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.13, improving on his previous time of 53.54 last month.
Seniors Thomas Arcuri and Dan McGraw finished in the top half of the 800-meter run with 18th and 20th place overall out of 48 runners. The men's 4x400-meter relay team, consisting of Michael Persson, Ryan Mackerer, James Longo and Giordano, finished in seventh place overall out of 14 teams with a time of 3:39.
Results for the women's team include a second-place finish for freshman runner Marissa Lathrop (3:13) in the 1,000-meter run. Freshman Erin Cuddihy had a strong 11th-place finish out of 19 runners in the women's 3,000-meter run with a time of 11:33. Freshmen Ji Ann Greenberg and Sarah Wohlfahrt both competed in the triple jump, finishing with 9.68 meters and 9.08 meters, respectively.
Both the men's and women's teams are off until April 9, when they will be back in action once again at Brockport in the season's first outdoor meet.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210