Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Athletic Banquet
Most valuable, most improved players announced
The Mighty Oaks 2015-16 athletics season came to an unofficial close as the athletic department celebrated another outstanding year at its annual banquet.
Athletic Director and men's and women's soccer Coach Dan Ramin applauded the student-athletes for all their hard work, dedication and superior time management this season.
"It is not easy managing all the practices, travel for games along with the rigorous class schedules at ESF," said Ramin. Ramin also thanked Centennial Hall and the ESF Alumni Association for their generous support throughout the year.
Dr. Robert French, vice president for enrollment and marketing, who was dubbed the "grandfather" of ESF athletics during the banquet, recognized the 2015-16 USCAA Athletic and Academic All-Americans. The USCAA selected 14 Mighty Oaks as Academic All-Americans and 10 as Athletic All-Americans
In keeping with tradition, coaches also named their team's most improved player (MIP) and most valuable player (MVP).
Women's Cross Country
MIP: Courtney Pitman
MVP: Marissa Lathrop
Men's Cross Country
MIP: Dana Carris
MVP: Stephen Slonosky
MIP: Sarah Wohlfahrt
MVP: Megan Herbst
MIP: Geoff Golick
MVP: Jorge Guarin
MIP: Kory Whittum
MVP: Alex Brown
MIP: Ray George and Tyler Kuhn
MVP: Ryan Caldwell
MVP: Sarah Murphy
MIP: Michelle Vasiloff and Sonja Wixom
MVP: Ethan Hall
MIP: Adam Wilckens
Highlights from the 2015-16 season included HVIAC conference champions by the men's and women's cross-country teams as well as second- and third-place finishes at the USCAA national cross-country championships. The women's soccer team once again finished in the semifinals of the USCAA national soccer championships, finishing the season with a 11-2-2 overall record. The men's basketball team qualified for its first postseason tournament when it defeated Davis College to end the regular season and qualified to play in the HVIAC conference tournament.
The season isn't over for certain Mighty Oaks teams. The men's and women's outdoor track team will compete in two meets, Nazareth College April 9 and the USCAA Invitational April 30. The Woodsmen's team will participate in competitions at Cobbleskill April 9 and Alfred State April 22.
More ESF News
- Campus Climate-Related Initiatives Offered
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210