Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Battle Onondaga
Men achieve win; women suffer loss
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams faced off against their cross-town rivals, the Onondaga Community College Lazers, Sept. 26. The ESF men played well, defeating Onondaga; the Mighty Oaks women did not fare as well, falling to Onondaga despite some strong play.
The ESF men scored the only goal in the game, playing Onondaga in an evenly matched game marked by risky play on both sides. Freshman Steven Tyrrell took advantage of an opportunity in the 31st minute and headed the ball into the net on an assist from junior Kevan Busa. The Mighty Oaks were tested in the 80th minute when a penalty kick was awarded to Onondaga. Goalkeeper Mike Shriver, a junior, made the save, as well as nine others, and was awarded MVP honors for the game.
The Mighty Oaks men will face off next against Roberts Wesleyan College at 8 p.m. Oct. 13 in Rochester.
The Mighty Oaks women played a tough game against the Lazers, who were on a five-game winning streak coming into the game. Coach Dan Ramin said the team played well and created many chances to score in the second half, but lost the game 1-0. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 15 saves.
The ESF women will compete against the University of Rochester junior varsity team Oct. 2 in Rochester.
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210