ESF Cross-Country Teams Compete in Two Meets
Men, women place second at Hobart Invitational
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams competed in the Hobart/William Smith Invitational Sept. 18 in Geneva, N.Y., and the Roberts Wesleyan Invitational Sept. 25 in Rochester, N.Y. The teams showed a strong performance in both events.
The Mighty Oaks women placed eighth out of 11 teams at the Sept. 25 race, with a team score of 224. Out of 106 women competing in the event, the ESF women were led by Danielle Zgardzinski, freshman, in 37th place; followed by Derry Albert, freshman, in 43rd; Bridget Bromm, sophomore, in 45th; Emily Martin, sophomore, in 49th; Kristin Pasquino, freshman, in 50th; Charlotte Evanofski, sophomore, in 52nd; and Kaitlin Larson, junior, in 53rd.
The ESF men placed sixth out of 10 teams at the Sept. 25 meet, defeating Wells College, D'Youville College, Medaille College and Hilbert College. Ninety-four men competed in the event. The Mighty Oaks men were led by Collin Bartholomew, sophomore, in 28th; John Swass, sophomore, in 29th; Matt DeLuca, freshman, in 35th; Adam Trautwig, junior, in 38th; Ian McLaughlin, freshman, in 39th; Mike Miles, junior, in 41st; and Owen Hunter, junior, in 43rd.
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's teams ran well Sept. 18, with both teams placing second.
The ESF woman placed second, beating Cazenovia College, Keuka College, Pennsylvania State University at Abington, Bryant & Stratton College, Wells College and SUNY Morrisville. Fifty-eight women competed in the meet. Danielle Zgardzinski, freshman, led the ESF women over the six-kilometer course, finishing seventh overall. She was followed by Pasquino in 18th; Bomm in 20th; Albert in 21st; Larson in 23rd; Olivia Stoken, freshman, in 25th; Evanofski in 27th; Alice Gallagher, junior, in 28th; Meghan Brooks, freshman, in 34th; and Abby McNinch, freshman, in 41st.
The Mighty Oaks men also placed second in the Sept. 18 meet. John Swass, sophomore, led ESF with a third-place finish on the eight-kilometer course. Sixty men competed in the meet. Swass was followed by Mike Miles, junior, in 11th; Matt DeLuca, freshman, in 17th; Joe Gerchman, sophomore, in 22nd; Adam Trautwig, junior, in 24th; Ian McLaughlin, freshman, in 26th; Dan Hohl, freshman, in 30th; Elliot Alexander, freshman, in 31st; Carlos Rosales-Zelaya, senior, in 35th; Matt Allen, junior, in 37th; Owen Hunter, junior, in 38th; and Nathan Sleight, freshman, in 43rd.
The Mighty Oaks men and women will compete next at the Geneseo Invitational Oct. 2 at Letchworth State Park.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210