ESF Cross-Country Teams Place 11th at Geneseo Meet
Men compete against 14 teams; women against 12
The ESF men's and women's cross-country teams participated in the 32nd Annual Geneseo Invitational Oct. 2 at Letchworth State Park. The teams both placed 11th, but their coach said the team, in its first year of intercollegiate competition, was making solid progress.
"This is our first year with people who came here wanting to run," said Coach Jim Goulet. "Now we are a strong team against similar schools."
Many runners from last year's teams returned for ESF's first year in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, which has helped create depth for the Mighty Oaks, Goulet said.
The Mighty Oaks men competed against 14 teams in an 8-kilometer race with 170 runners. Collin Bartholomew, a sophomore, lead the ESF men in 106th. He was followed by John Swass, sophomore, in 111th; Matt DeLuca, freshman, in 112th; Ian McLaughlin, freshman, in 135th; Adam Trautwig, junior, in 137th; Daniel Hohl, freshman, in 143rd; Matt Allen, junior, in 145th; Owen Hunter, junior, in 146th; Joe Gerchman, sophomore, in 148th; and Sean Kernan, junior, in 157th.
The Mighty Oaks women ran against 12 teams in a 6-kilometer race with 139 runners. ESF was once again led by Danielle Zgardzinski, freshman, in 62nd place. She was followed Bridget Bromm, sophomore, in 102nd; Alice Gallagher, junior, in 103rd; Charlotte Evanofski, sophomore, in 106th; Kristin Pasquino, freshman, in 108th; and Abby McNinch, freshman, in 123rd.
The ESF men and women will compete in the Nazareth College Invitational Oct. 9 in Rochester.
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
- Blackstone LaunchPad Hosts Syracuse Qualifier for Hult Prize
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210