ESF Woodsmen’s Team Competes at Paul Smith’s
Women place second; win several events
The Mighty Oaks Woodsmen's Team competed at Paul Smith's College Oct. 16 in Paul Smiths, N.Y., with the women winning several events. Bad weather added an extra challenge for the teams.
"The weather was quite awful with a mix of rain and snow showers throughout the day," said Mike Eveland, the Woodsmen's social chair.
The ESF women placed second with a score of 1021 and won the single buck, log birl, bowsaw, log roll and pulp toss events. The men's A team placed fifth with a score of 847.82 and the men's B team placed ninth with a score of 708.93.
The Mighty Oaks will next compete Nov. 6 at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210