ESF Woodsmen’s Team Competes at Paul Smith’s
Women place second; win several events
The Mighty Oaks Woodsmen's Team competed at Paul Smith's College Oct. 16 in Paul Smiths, N.Y., with the women winning several events. Bad weather added an extra challenge for the teams.
"The weather was quite awful with a mix of rain and snow showers throughout the day," said Mike Eveland, the Woodsmen's social chair.
The ESF women placed second with a score of 1021 and won the single buck, log birl, bowsaw, log roll and pulp toss events. The men's A team placed fifth with a score of 847.82 and the men's B team placed ninth with a score of 708.93.
The Mighty Oaks will next compete Nov. 6 at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210