Friday, October 9, 2015
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Nature, Human Activities Create Challenges for Declining Songbirds
- ESF Faculty, Students Help Set Guinness World Record
- ‘Great Experience’ Takes Grad Student to Bulgaria
- Mighty Oaks Sports Weekend Recap
- EPA Regional Administrator to Speak Oct. 6 at ESF
ESF Woodsmen’s Team Competes at Paul Smith’s
Women place second; win several events
The Mighty Oaks Woodsmen's Team competed at Paul Smith's College Oct. 16 in Paul Smiths, N.Y., with the women winning several events. Bad weather added an extra challenge for the teams.
"The weather was quite awful with a mix of rain and snow showers throughout the day," said Mike Eveland, the Woodsmen's social chair.
The ESF women placed second with a score of 1021 and won the single buck, log birl, bowsaw, log roll and pulp toss events. The men's A team placed fifth with a score of 847.82 and the men's B team placed ninth with a score of 708.93.
The Mighty Oaks will next compete Nov. 6 at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210