ESF Woodsmen’s Team Competes at Paul Smith’s
Women place second; win several events
The Mighty Oaks Woodsmen's Team competed at Paul Smith's College Oct. 16 in Paul Smiths, N.Y., with the women winning several events. Bad weather added an extra challenge for the teams.
"The weather was quite awful with a mix of rain and snow showers throughout the day," said Mike Eveland, the Woodsmen's social chair.
The ESF women placed second with a score of 1021 and won the single buck, log birl, bowsaw, log roll and pulp toss events. The men's A team placed fifth with a score of 847.82 and the men's B team placed ninth with a score of 708.93.
The Mighty Oaks will next compete Nov. 6 at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210