ESF Woodsmen’s Team Competes at Paul Smith’s
Women place second; win several events
The Mighty Oaks Woodsmen's Team competed at Paul Smith's College Oct. 16 in Paul Smiths, N.Y., with the women winning several events. Bad weather added an extra challenge for the teams.
"The weather was quite awful with a mix of rain and snow showers throughout the day," said Mike Eveland, the Woodsmen's social chair.
The ESF women placed second with a score of 1021 and won the single buck, log birl, bowsaw, log roll and pulp toss events. The men's A team placed fifth with a score of 847.82 and the men's B team placed ninth with a score of 708.93.
The Mighty Oaks will next compete Nov. 6 at Sir Sanford Fleming College in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210