Gordinier Leads ESF at USCAA National Invitational
Sophomore sprinter finishes first in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track and field teams participated in the USCAA National Invitational April 30 at SUNY Delhi. The field included five teams from New York state, Berea College of Kentucky and the University of Dallas from Texas.
After being out of commission for more than a year becasue of a knee injury, sophomore Shannon Gordinier picked up a first-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.05. Gordinier also finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.03.
Also scoring for the women was freshman Ji-Ann Greenberg with a third-place finish in the triple jump with a distance of 9.78 meters. Freshman distance runner Marissa Lathrop finished in third place in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:05.
For the ESF men's team, freshman Sean Satchwell finished ninth in the 1,500-meter run. Senior Peter LeDuc finished in seventh place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:35.
The invitational was held in conjunction with the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III outdoor championships. The event concluded both the men's and women's 2016 track and field spring season.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210