Gordinier Leads ESF at USCAA National Invitational
Sophomore sprinter finishes first in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track and field teams participated in the USCAA National Invitational April 30 at SUNY Delhi. The field included five teams from New York state, Berea College of Kentucky and the University of Dallas from Texas.
After being out of commission for more than a year becasue of a knee injury, sophomore Shannon Gordinier picked up a first-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.05. Gordinier also finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.03.
Also scoring for the women was freshman Ji-Ann Greenberg with a third-place finish in the triple jump with a distance of 9.78 meters. Freshman distance runner Marissa Lathrop finished in third place in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:05.
For the ESF men's team, freshman Sean Satchwell finished ninth in the 1,500-meter run. Senior Peter LeDuc finished in seventh place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:35.
The invitational was held in conjunction with the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III outdoor championships. The event concluded both the men's and women's 2016 track and field spring season.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210