Gordinier Leads ESF at USCAA National Invitational
Sophomore sprinter finishes first in 100-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track and field teams participated in the USCAA National Invitational April 30 at SUNY Delhi. The field included five teams from New York state, Berea College of Kentucky and the University of Dallas from Texas.
After being out of commission for more than a year becasue of a knee injury, sophomore Shannon Gordinier picked up a first-place finish in the 100-meter dash with a time of 13.05. Gordinier also finished second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.03.
Also scoring for the women was freshman Ji-Ann Greenberg with a third-place finish in the triple jump with a distance of 9.78 meters. Freshman distance runner Marissa Lathrop finished in third place in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 5:05.
For the ESF men's team, freshman Sean Satchwell finished ninth in the 1,500-meter run. Senior Peter LeDuc finished in seventh place in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:35.
The invitational was held in conjunction with the National Junior College Athletic Association Region III outdoor championships. The event concluded both the men's and women's 2016 track and field spring season.
More ESF News
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210