Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
Junior soccer player also succeeds in the classroom
Heather Carl, a junior from Greenville, New York, has received the prestigious 2016 SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award.
Carl, a member of the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team, is majoring in natural resources management. She was named a USCAA Academic All-American (student-athletes with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher) in both 2014 and 2015. This summer, she will work as an intern with the National Forest Service at Pike National Park in Colorado.
Because of her performance on the soccer pitch, Carl was named a USCAA first-team All-American in 2015 and 2016. She led the Mighty Oaks with 15 goals during the 2015 season. She was named a team captain for the upcoming 2016 season as she hopes to lead the squad back to the USCAA national tournament in November.
Student athletes are nominated for the chancellor's honor by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210