Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
Junior soccer player also succeeds in the classroom
Heather Carl, a junior from Greenville, New York, has received the prestigious 2016 SUNY Chancellor's Scholar-Athlete Award.
Carl, a member of the Mighty Oaks women's soccer team, is majoring in natural resources management. She was named a USCAA Academic All-American (student-athletes with an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher) in both 2014 and 2015. This summer, she will work as an intern with the National Forest Service at Pike National Park in Colorado.
Because of her performance on the soccer pitch, Carl was named a USCAA first-team All-American in 2015 and 2016. She led the Mighty Oaks with 15 goals during the 2015 season. She was named a team captain for the upcoming 2016 season as she hopes to lead the squad back to the USCAA national tournament in November.
Student athletes are nominated for the chancellor's honor by their campus athletic director. Their credentials and accomplishments are reviewed by a panel of athletic directors from across SUNY as well as the provost's office.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210