ESF Bass Fishing Team Finishes 5th in Regional Event
Team qualifies for national championship in March 2017
The ESF bass fishing team captured a fifth-place finish June 4 in the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) College Fishing Northern Conference event on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. With more than 50 schools competing, the ESF team turned in one its best-ever performances.
The high finish meant the team, featuring juniors Ethan Hall and Raymond Bentz, qualified for the FLW national championships in March 2017. They also took home a $500 prize .
During the one-day competition, the ESF team caught five bass fish weighing in at a total of 16 pounds.
The FLW summer series continues at Chautauqua Lake, New York, July 23.
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210