ESF Bass Fishing Team Finishes 5th in Regional Event
Team qualifies for national championship in March 2017
The ESF bass fishing team captured a fifth-place finish June 4 in the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) College Fishing Northern Conference event on the Potomac River in Marbury, Maryland. With more than 50 schools competing, the ESF team turned in one its best-ever performances.
The high finish meant the team, featuring juniors Ethan Hall and Raymond Bentz, qualified for the FLW national championships in March 2017. They also took home a $500 prize .
During the one-day competition, the ESF team caught five bass fish weighing in at a total of 16 pounds.
The FLW summer series continues at Chautauqua Lake, New York, July 23.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210