ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
College surpasses SUNY goals
ESF is one of the leaders among State University of New York (SUNY) campuses in supporting minority- and women-owned businesses (M/WBE).
During the 2015 fiscal year, the college awarded 41 percent of its contracts for commodities and services (which translates to more than $780,000 in business) to women-owned business enterprises, the second-highest percentage among the 31 SUNY campus locations included in the most recent report. During the same year, ESF awarded 56 percent of such contracts to either a minority- or women-owned business (worth more than $1 million), ranking the college fourth in the SUNY system.
SUNY had set a goal of 30 percent of contracts being awarded to M/WBEs.
"ESF joins New York and SUNY in their commitments to providing the education, training and support that will help minority- and women-owned business enterprises compete for state contracts," said ESF President Quentin Wheeler. "This is a team effort and I thank our outstanding faculty and staff for their commitment to this initiative. We will continue to show minority- and women-owned business enterprises in our community that we are dedicated and serious about providing opportunities."
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210