ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
New students participate in orientation events
ESF is welcoming approximately 325 first-year students to campus this fall.
Along with the first-year class, more than 200 transfer students will be entering the college. Students began arriving on campus over the weekend for the CONNECTIONS pre-orientation program; most new first-year students arrive today, Aug. 23.
The first-year students come from 26 states and four countries. Just over half, 51 percent, are male. More than a quarter of the new students, or 28 percent, are from outside New York state. Fourteen percent identify as students of color.
Enrollment at the college's Ranger School in Wanakena, New York, is 49 this year. Classes at The Ranger School started Aug. 17.
On the graduate level, ESF is planning for the arrival of 106 new graduate students for the 2016-17 academic year bringing graduate school enrollment to approximately 470 students.
New students and their families will be greeted by a full slate of orientation events. Along with moving into Centennial Hall, undergraduate students will participate in a number of activities to get them acclimated to the college and surrounding community. On Saturday, Aug. 27, the students will engage in community service projects throughout the Syracuse area.
Classes begin Aug. 29.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210