ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
College noted for outstanding academics, strong return on investment
ESF is one of the nation's best colleges for students seeking a superb education with great career preparation at an affordable price, according to The Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back: 2017 Edition."
The colleges listed were chosen based on return-on-investment ratings the Princeton Review tallied for 650 schools from the fall of 2015 to the fall of 2016. The ratings considered academics, cost and financial aid, graduation rates, student debt and career/salary data.
The Princeton Review recommends ESF for its outstanding academics and its affordability based on the college's comparatively low sticker price and generous financial aid to students.
Editors praise the college for being "highly specialized and selective" and for its unique partnership with Syracuse University that gives ESF students special access to Syracuse classes, academic facilities, student clubs and organizations, and other services while paying low state-supported tuition.
The book notes: "SUNY's in-state and out-of-state tuition rates are among the lowest in the Northeast for public colleges."
The Princeton Review also points out that the "college awards approximately half of its total institutional scholarships based on academic potential and half based on financial need." The magazine highlights ESF's Honors Program that "is focused on undergraduate research opportunities and is highly selective."
ESF is also ranked No. 2 on the Princeton Review's list of Top 50 Green Colleges, No, 9 on the list of Best College Dorms and No. 18 on the Most Engaged in Community Service list.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210