Mighty Oaks Start Indoor Track Season at All-Comers Meet
Sophomore finishes second in 400-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams started the 2017 season at the United States of America Track and Field Adirondack All-Comers Meet in Utica, New York.
This unique race features competitors of all ages (from 16 to 73) and skill levels. Most competitors compete at high school, collegiate or club levels. Each race is co-ed.
ESF Sophomore Nick Giordano placed second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.88. Junior Shannon Gordinier managed an impressive 16th-place finish (7.98) out of 77 sprinters in the 60-meter dash.
Sophomores James Boyd (16th, 4:53) and Ethan Appelgren (17th, 4:55) and freshman Nathan Tyler (18th, 4:55) placed in the top 20 in the 1,500-meter race. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop was top finisher for the women's squad in the 1,500 -un with a 25th-place finish and time of 5:16. Sophomore Sean Satchwell finished in second place in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:11.
Both teams will be in action again at the Cornell Open Mar. 19.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210