Mighty Oaks Start Indoor Track Season at All-Comers Meet
Sophomore finishes second in 400-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams started the 2017 season at the United States of America Track and Field Adirondack All-Comers Meet in Utica, New York.
This unique race features competitors of all ages (from 16 to 73) and skill levels. Most competitors compete at high school, collegiate or club levels. Each race is co-ed.
ESF Sophomore Nick Giordano placed second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.88. Junior Shannon Gordinier managed an impressive 16th-place finish (7.98) out of 77 sprinters in the 60-meter dash.
Sophomores James Boyd (16th, 4:53) and Ethan Appelgren (17th, 4:55) and freshman Nathan Tyler (18th, 4:55) placed in the top 20 in the 1,500-meter race. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop was top finisher for the women's squad in the 1,500 -un with a 25th-place finish and time of 5:16. Sophomore Sean Satchwell finished in second place in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:11.
Both teams will be in action again at the Cornell Open Mar. 19.
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210