Mighty Oaks Start Indoor Track Season at All-Comers Meet
Sophomore finishes second in 400-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams started the 2017 season at the United States of America Track and Field Adirondack All-Comers Meet in Utica, New York.
This unique race features competitors of all ages (from 16 to 73) and skill levels. Most competitors compete at high school, collegiate or club levels. Each race is co-ed.
ESF Sophomore Nick Giordano placed second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.88. Junior Shannon Gordinier managed an impressive 16th-place finish (7.98) out of 77 sprinters in the 60-meter dash.
Sophomores James Boyd (16th, 4:53) and Ethan Appelgren (17th, 4:55) and freshman Nathan Tyler (18th, 4:55) placed in the top 20 in the 1,500-meter race. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop was top finisher for the women's squad in the 1,500 -un with a 25th-place finish and time of 5:16. Sophomore Sean Satchwell finished in second place in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:11.
Both teams will be in action again at the Cornell Open Mar. 19.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210