Mighty Oaks Start Indoor Track Season at All-Comers Meet
Sophomore finishes second in 400-meter dash
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams started the 2017 season at the United States of America Track and Field Adirondack All-Comers Meet in Utica, New York.
This unique race features competitors of all ages (from 16 to 73) and skill levels. Most competitors compete at high school, collegiate or club levels. Each race is co-ed.
ESF Sophomore Nick Giordano placed second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 53.88. Junior Shannon Gordinier managed an impressive 16th-place finish (7.98) out of 77 sprinters in the 60-meter dash.
Sophomores James Boyd (16th, 4:53) and Ethan Appelgren (17th, 4:55) and freshman Nathan Tyler (18th, 4:55) placed in the top 20 in the 1,500-meter race. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop was top finisher for the women's squad in the 1,500 -un with a 25th-place finish and time of 5:16. Sophomore Sean Satchwell finished in second place in the 800-meter dash with a time of 2:11.
Both teams will be in action again at the Cornell Open Mar. 19.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210