Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
Funding aims to catalyze future research opportunities
SyracuseCoE-New York State's Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems-is offering funding to support seed projects that strengthen faculty scholarship in clean and renewable energy, indoor environmental quality and water resources. Successful applicants will participate in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program, which provides leadership for SyracuseCoE's core research areas and supports engagements with academic and industry partners. Funding awarded to seed projects also is intended to catalyze research that will lead to future opportunities, including funding from federal agencies or commercial sources.
The Faculty Fellows Program is open to faculty members at SyracuseCoE Partner institutions: Syracuse University, SUNY Upstate Medical University, and the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF). All proposals must address how the use of the Faculty Fellow funds will lead to a significant "next step" in the research, lead to or leverage follow-on funding opportunities, and contribute to establishing the Syracuse University and SyracuseCoE partner institutions as thought leaders in the targeted area.
SyracuseCoE has released a Request for Proposals and intends to award up to $100,000 in this round. Proposals for seed projects that engage multiple faculty members may request up to $25,000. Seed projects involving a single faculty member are eligible to receive up to $10,000. The deadline for applications is May 11, 2017.
The 2016-2017 round of projects in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program were announced in October 2016. Six research and innovation projects led by faculty members from Syracuse University and ESF were competitively selected to receive awards totaling $114,000. The projects engaged a total of 12 faculty members from four schools and colleges at Syracuse University and ESF.
Awards under the Faculty Fellows program are made possible by funding to support SyracuseCoE activities awarded by Empire State Development's Division of Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR).
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210