Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
Funding aims to catalyze future research opportunities
SyracuseCoE-New York State's Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems-is offering funding to support seed projects that strengthen faculty scholarship in clean and renewable energy, indoor environmental quality and water resources. Successful applicants will participate in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program, which provides leadership for SyracuseCoE's core research areas and supports engagements with academic and industry partners. Funding awarded to seed projects also is intended to catalyze research that will lead to future opportunities, including funding from federal agencies or commercial sources.
The Faculty Fellows Program is open to faculty members at SyracuseCoE Partner institutions: Syracuse University, SUNY Upstate Medical University, and the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF). All proposals must address how the use of the Faculty Fellow funds will lead to a significant "next step" in the research, lead to or leverage follow-on funding opportunities, and contribute to establishing the Syracuse University and SyracuseCoE partner institutions as thought leaders in the targeted area.
SyracuseCoE has released a Request for Proposals and intends to award up to $100,000 in this round. Proposals for seed projects that engage multiple faculty members may request up to $25,000. Seed projects involving a single faculty member are eligible to receive up to $10,000. The deadline for applications is May 11, 2017.
The 2016-2017 round of projects in the SyracuseCoE Faculty Fellows Program were announced in October 2016. Six research and innovation projects led by faculty members from Syracuse University and ESF were competitively selected to receive awards totaling $114,000. The projects engaged a total of 12 faculty members from four schools and colleges at Syracuse University and ESF.
Awards under the Faculty Fellows program are made possible by funding to support SyracuseCoE activities awarded by Empire State Development's Division of Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR).
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210