Mighty Oaks Basketball Players Participate in Pro Combine
Former ESF basketball players Ryan Caldwell '17 and Jared Bard '17 were invited to participate in the Eurobasket Summer League (ESL) in Las Vegas July 7-9.
The ESL is considered a top international exposure event for athletes looking for professional basketball opportunities abroad. The two-day event attracts some of the best available players for professional clubs to select from, including NCAA All-Americans, NBA D-League veterans and experienced professional talent.
Players are put through a series of agility and skill tests, and they participate in full-court scrimmages.
Caldwell averaged three points and three rebounds in nine games, including a nine -ebound effort in one match. Bard scored six points, pulled down four rebounds and had two assists in one game.
Both former student-athletes are hoping for an invitation to try out for a professional team abroad.
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210