ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Electric Vehicle and Solar Expo returns to Syracuse
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.
The expo features the latest information about plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and electric cars (EVs), and solar power in Central New York. Dozens of experts from the automotive and solar energy field will be available to answer attendees' questions. The event, scheduled from noon to 5 p.m., will be held in the city of Syracuse parking lot at South Clinton and West Washington streets.
Attendees will be able to ask car dealerships representatives about their new models and take one for a test drive, or talk with electric vehicle owners and ride along in their electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid, and learn about the state's new Drive Clean Initiative rebate for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, for up to $2,000.
Attendees can also sign up for free quotes to install solar energy units on their home or business, and learn more about state and federal tax credit incentives that help make going solar affordable. They will have an opportunity to learn about community solar, which became available in New York state last year and allows homeowners, renters and businesses to go solar without needing to install panels on their roof.
The expo will also feature food trucks, including Twisted Taco; live music with Joe Driscoll, Colleen Kattau and Dos XX; and city and state elected representatives.
The event is hosted by ESF, Sierra Club, the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board, SolarizeCNY, New Yorkers for Clean Power, Alliance for a Green Economy, GreeningUSA, Climate Change Awareness and Action, Clean Communities of Central New York, and Detail Johnny.
Nonprofit organizations working on climate change and the transition away from fossil fuels will have tables, as will companies that specialize in energy conservation and renewable energy.
Event organizers are recruiting electric vehicle and hybrid owners to join them at the expo. Those interested in participating should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210