ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Electric Vehicle and Solar Expo returns to Syracuse
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.
The expo features the latest information about plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and electric cars (EVs), and solar power in Central New York. Dozens of experts from the automotive and solar energy field will be available to answer attendees' questions. The event, scheduled from noon to 5 p.m., will be held in the city of Syracuse parking lot at South Clinton and West Washington streets.
Attendees will be able to ask car dealerships representatives about their new models and take one for a test drive, or talk with electric vehicle owners and ride along in their electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid, and learn about the state's new Drive Clean Initiative rebate for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, for up to $2,000.
Attendees can also sign up for free quotes to install solar energy units on their home or business, and learn more about state and federal tax credit incentives that help make going solar affordable. They will have an opportunity to learn about community solar, which became available in New York state last year and allows homeowners, renters and businesses to go solar without needing to install panels on their roof.
The expo will also feature food trucks, including Twisted Taco; live music with Joe Driscoll, Colleen Kattau and Dos XX; and city and state elected representatives.
The event is hosted by ESF, Sierra Club, the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board, SolarizeCNY, New Yorkers for Clean Power, Alliance for a Green Economy, GreeningUSA, Climate Change Awareness and Action, Clean Communities of Central New York, and Detail Johnny.
Nonprofit organizations working on climate change and the transition away from fossil fuels will have tables, as will companies that specialize in energy conservation and renewable energy.
Event organizers are recruiting electric vehicle and hybrid owners to join them at the expo. Those interested in participating should email email@example.com for more information.
More ESF News
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210