ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Electric Vehicle and Solar Expo returns to Syracuse
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.
The expo features the latest information about plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and electric cars (EVs), and solar power in Central New York. Dozens of experts from the automotive and solar energy field will be available to answer attendees' questions. The event, scheduled from noon to 5 p.m., will be held in the city of Syracuse parking lot at South Clinton and West Washington streets.
Attendees will be able to ask car dealerships representatives about their new models and take one for a test drive, or talk with electric vehicle owners and ride along in their electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid, and learn about the state's new Drive Clean Initiative rebate for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, for up to $2,000.
Attendees can also sign up for free quotes to install solar energy units on their home or business, and learn more about state and federal tax credit incentives that help make going solar affordable. They will have an opportunity to learn about community solar, which became available in New York state last year and allows homeowners, renters and businesses to go solar without needing to install panels on their roof.
The expo will also feature food trucks, including Twisted Taco; live music with Joe Driscoll, Colleen Kattau and Dos XX; and city and state elected representatives.
The event is hosted by ESF, Sierra Club, the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board, SolarizeCNY, New Yorkers for Clean Power, Alliance for a Green Economy, GreeningUSA, Climate Change Awareness and Action, Clean Communities of Central New York, and Detail Johnny.
Nonprofit organizations working on climate change and the transition away from fossil fuels will have tables, as will companies that specialize in energy conservation and renewable energy.
Event organizers are recruiting electric vehicle and hybrid owners to join them at the expo. Those interested in participating should email email@example.com for more information.
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210