SUNY-ESF’s Eileen Baldassarre receives Unsung Heroes Award
Baldassarre honored for extensive community service
SYRACUSE - Eileen Baldassarre, administrative coordinator in the multicultural affairs office at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was honored with the 2011 Unsung Heroes Award during the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration on January 23.
Baldassarre was honored for her extensive dedicated service to others in the community.Her community service involvement includes volunteering at the Loretto Nursing Home and St. Leo's Church in Tully. She has spear-headed fund- raising efforts to help a family rebuild their home after a fire and another to send U.S. Olympiad Lopez Lomong's adoptive parents and coach to see him at the Olympic games in China in 2008. Baldassarre also organizes and assists with clothing and furniture drives for economically disadvantaged citizens and support of various outreach agencies.
At ESF, Baldassarre is the coordinator for the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP). In that capacity, she works with students and plans educational programs in the office of multicultural affairs.
The theme for this year's Martin Luther King Jr. celebration was "Heirs of a King: Remembering and Continuing the Work of Global Legacy." The awards are presented annually by Syracuse University to people who, in the spirit of King's "beloved community," have made a positive difference in the lives of others but who are not widely recognized for their efforts.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210