SUNY-ESF’s Eileen Baldassarre receives Unsung Heroes Award
Baldassarre honored for extensive community service
SYRACUSE - Eileen Baldassarre, administrative coordinator in the multicultural affairs office at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), was honored with the 2011 Unsung Heroes Award during the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration on January 23.
Baldassarre was honored for her extensive dedicated service to others in the community.Her community service involvement includes volunteering at the Loretto Nursing Home and St. Leo's Church in Tully. She has spear-headed fund- raising efforts to help a family rebuild their home after a fire and another to send U.S. Olympiad Lopez Lomong's adoptive parents and coach to see him at the Olympic games in China in 2008. Baldassarre also organizes and assists with clothing and furniture drives for economically disadvantaged citizens and support of various outreach agencies.
At ESF, Baldassarre is the coordinator for the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP). In that capacity, she works with students and plans educational programs in the office of multicultural affairs.
The theme for this year's Martin Luther King Jr. celebration was "Heirs of a King: Remembering and Continuing the Work of Global Legacy." The awards are presented annually by Syracuse University to people who, in the spirit of King's "beloved community," have made a positive difference in the lives of others but who are not widely recognized for their efforts.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210