Forum at ESF Focuses on City’s Sustainability
Jan. 26 event sponsored by Green Campus Initiative
The student-run Green Campus Initiative (GCI) at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will sponsor a discussion titled, "State of Syracuse: A Forum for Sustainability" at 5 p.m. Jan. 26 in Marshall Auditorium on the ESF campus.
The forum will highlight existing initiatives aimed at making the city more sustainable. GCI members hope the event gives residents, business people, students and others an opportunity to learn more about local sustainability efforts and to get involved in private, governmental and non-governmental efforts.
Panelists are expected to be Sam Gordon, senior planner with the CNY Regional Planning and Development Board; Charlotte "Chuckie" Holstein, founder of F.O.C.U.S. Greater Syracuse; Andrew Maxwell, director of planning and sustainability for the city; and Mattew Millea, deputy Onondaga County executive for physical services.
This is the second sustainability forum organized by GCI. Andrew Dorr, an ESF senior who is energy coordinator for GCI, said the students hope to engage the community and create more connections among people who want to work for sustainability.
"We're just getting people involved in going out and making a difference," Dorr said.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210