Forum at ESF Focuses on City’s Sustainability
Jan. 26 event sponsored by Green Campus Initiative
The student-run Green Campus Initiative (GCI) at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will sponsor a discussion titled, "State of Syracuse: A Forum for Sustainability" at 5 p.m. Jan. 26 in Marshall Auditorium on the ESF campus.
The forum will highlight existing initiatives aimed at making the city more sustainable. GCI members hope the event gives residents, business people, students and others an opportunity to learn more about local sustainability efforts and to get involved in private, governmental and non-governmental efforts.
Panelists are expected to be Sam Gordon, senior planner with the CNY Regional Planning and Development Board; Charlotte "Chuckie" Holstein, founder of F.O.C.U.S. Greater Syracuse; Andrew Maxwell, director of planning and sustainability for the city; and Mattew Millea, deputy Onondaga County executive for physical services.
This is the second sustainability forum organized by GCI. Andrew Dorr, an ESF senior who is energy coordinator for GCI, said the students hope to engage the community and create more connections among people who want to work for sustainability.
"We're just getting people involved in going out and making a difference," Dorr said.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210