Mighty Oaks Weekend Recap - Dec. 3
Men's and women's track teams dominate 5k
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track teams traveled to Cornell University for the Greg Page Relays.
The annual event features a mix of Division I, II and III schools as well as participants from Canadian universities and non-collegiate runners.
unior Marissa Lathrop finished third overall in the women's 5k with a time of 18:58 - a new ESF school record. Freshman Erin Cocca came in sixth with a time of 20:17.
The men also performed well in the 5k race. An ESF trio finished in third, fourth and fifth places overall - freshman Mark McClenahan (16:41), junior Ethan Appelgren (16:47) and junior Ben Wasserman (17:01). Mighty Oaks men's and women's assistant track Coach Todd Halbig participated in the race as an unattached runner and placed sixth overall with a time of 17:03.
The Mighty Oaks are off until Jan. 27 when they race at the Brockport Invitational.
On the basketball court, the Mighty Oaks once again struggled offensively versus the Villa Maria Vikings, falling 91-55. The Vikings jumped out to a huge 59-19 half time lead. The Mighty Oaks shot 32 percent from the field. ESF was led by freshman Zachary Dormer's 11 points. Senior Tyler Kuhn added 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and hope to find their offensive groove Dec. 7 vs Alfred State.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210