Men's Basketball Falls to Alfred State
Freshman Henry Pflaumer leads ESF with 12 points
The Mighty Oaks traveled to Alfred, New York where they faced off against the Pioneers of Alfred State.
The Pioneers jumped out to an early 10-point lead, 17-7, six minutes into the first half. That lead would stay at 10 at half time, 38-28.
The Mighty Oaks were able to get within seven points early into the second half but an 18-2 run by Alfred State put the game out of reach for ESF. The game finished in a 78-49 victory for the Pioneers.
Freshman guard Henry Pflaumer led ESF with 12 points, including four three-pointers. Sophomore guard James Squier added 10 points. Alfred State was led by junior forward Dante Jordan's 11 points and seven rebounds. ESF struggled from the field for the third game in a row, shooting only 32 percent from the field, 33 percent from the free-throw line (5-15).
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and face Williamson on the road Dec. 10 and then return home Dec. 18 versus Central Penn.
More ESF News
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210