Men's Basketball Falls to Alfred State
Freshman Henry Pflaumer leads ESF with 12 points
The Mighty Oaks traveled to Alfred, New York where they faced off against the Pioneers of Alfred State.
The Pioneers jumped out to an early 10-point lead, 17-7, six minutes into the first half. That lead would stay at 10 at half time, 38-28.
The Mighty Oaks were able to get within seven points early into the second half but an 18-2 run by Alfred State put the game out of reach for ESF. The game finished in a 78-49 victory for the Pioneers.
Freshman guard Henry Pflaumer led ESF with 12 points, including four three-pointers. Sophomore guard James Squier added 10 points. Alfred State was led by junior forward Dante Jordan's 11 points and seven rebounds. ESF struggled from the field for the third game in a row, shooting only 32 percent from the field, 33 percent from the free-throw line (5-15).
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and face Williamson on the road Dec. 10 and then return home Dec. 18 versus Central Penn.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210