Men's Basketball Falls to Alfred State
Freshman Henry Pflaumer leads ESF with 12 points
The Mighty Oaks traveled to Alfred, New York where they faced off against the Pioneers of Alfred State.
The Pioneers jumped out to an early 10-point lead, 17-7, six minutes into the first half. That lead would stay at 10 at half time, 38-28.
The Mighty Oaks were able to get within seven points early into the second half but an 18-2 run by Alfred State put the game out of reach for ESF. The game finished in a 78-49 victory for the Pioneers.
Freshman guard Henry Pflaumer led ESF with 12 points, including four three-pointers. Sophomore guard James Squier added 10 points. Alfred State was led by junior forward Dante Jordan's 11 points and seven rebounds. ESF struggled from the field for the third game in a row, shooting only 32 percent from the field, 33 percent from the free-throw line (5-15).
The Mighty Oaks fall to 2-4 overall and face Williamson on the road Dec. 10 and then return home Dec. 18 versus Central Penn.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210