Mighty Oaks Drop Tight Game to Alfred State
Freshman Zach Dormer scores a career-high 17 points
The Mighty Oaks fell to Alfred State, 69-61, in a closely contested game played at Allyn Gymnasium on the OCC campus.
The Pioneers jumped out to an early 9-4 lead. An 8-0 run by ESF put the Mighty Oaks ahead, 12-9. Strong play from juniors Justin VanDuLuitgaarden and David Loewen and sharpshooting by freshman Henry Pflaumer helped extend ESF's lead to 25-20 toward the end of the first half. Alfred State managed to tie up the score, 26-26, at the half.
In the second half, freshman Cole Paradies came off the bench and hit three three-pointers in a row to give ESF a 56-53 lead with five minutes remaining. The Pioneers were able to score in transition to take back the lead, 59-58. Crucial turnovers by ESF in the final minutes helped Alfred State pull away with the 69-61 victory.
ESF falls to 2-8 overall with the loss. Alfred State wins its fifth straight game and improves to 9-3 overall. The Mighty Oaks open HVIAC conference play on the road against Vaughn College Jan. 10 in Queens, New York. After the matchup against Vaughn, the Mighty Oaks will play two straight conference games on the road in the New York City area: College of New Rochelle Jan. 13 and The King's College Jan. 14.
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210