Men's Basketball Wins Two Straight
Improve to 2-2 in conference play
The Mighty Oaks men's basketball team picked up two conference wins the week of Jan. 14.
In the first game of the week, ESF dominated the King's College, 93-41, in Manhattan. Freshman Henry Pflaumer led all scorers with 21 points. Senior Andrew Koch added a season high 17 points while Justin VanDuLuitgaarden hauled down 13 rebounds. Guards Benjamin Borchelt and Justin Cox led The King's College with 15 points each.
In the second game of the week, ESF hosted the Cannoneers of Pratt Institute. Despite only fielding six players, the Cannoneers kept the score close in the first half. ESF led by nine at half time, 40-31. The Mighty Oaks took control of the game at the start of the second half. An olley oop layup from Pflaumer to fellow freshman Zach Dormer resulted in a basket and a foul. Dormer converted the free throw and sparked a run by the Mighty Oaks. The Cannoneers would not go away. Tempers flared midway through the second half when VanDuLuitgaarden was given a technical foul on a rough play against Pratt. Pratt senior guard Andrew Yaglenski hit both free throws. ESF kept its cool and continued to press the undermanned Cannoneers. The Mighty Oaks defense caused 19 turnovers including twelve steals. ESF would pull away with the win, 83-60.
Pflaumer led ESF once again with 19 points and five assists. Senior center Tyler Kuhn had a double-double, 18 points and ten rebounds. Yaglenski led Pratt with 26 points. ESF shot 49% from the field for the game. ESF host defending USCAA National Champions Berkeley College Jan. 28.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210