Paul Smith's College Bests ESF
Three-point shooting overwhelms the Mighty Oaks
The Bobcats shot 14 three-pointers in a 87-73 win over ESF.
The Bobcats got off to a hot shooting start from the opening tip, jumping out to an 8-3 lead. ESF tied it up, 10-10, off a basket from senior Tyler Kuhn with 15 minutes remaining. The rest of the first half was tight with the Mighty Oaks leading by as many as four points. At half time, ESF held on to a two-point lead, 36-34.
The Bobcats opened the second half the same way they started the game, with a three-pointer. Bobcats guards Max Peguero and Kris Carroll shot 6-9 and 5-8 behind the three-point arc for the game. Despite the hot shooting by Paul Smith's College, ESF wasn't out of the game. Strong play by freshman guard Henry Pflaumer and Kuhn helped ESF to a tie score, 62-62, with seven minutes remaining. A 10-0 run by the Bobcats put ESF into a hole they could not get out of. Bobcats came away with a 87-73 win.
Paul Smith's College shot a sizzling 14-26, 53 percent behind the arc. Peguero scored 23 points for the Bobcats. ESF was led by Kuhn's double-double 17 points and 10 rebounds. Freshman Zach Dormer added 11 points for the Mighty Oaks who fall to 4-13 overall. The Bobcats improve to 6-20. ESF faces conference rivals Davis College, Wednesday, Feb. 7 at the Carrier Dome for Senior Night.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210