4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
Four students from Dr. Benette Whitmore's EST 395 Public Communication of Science and Technology class have been chosen as Planet Forward Storyfest finalists.
The students are:
- Matthew Dieffenbach, nominated for Best Use of Science or Data in Environmental Storytelling for a podcast called, "Can Atlantic salmon be restored in New York State?"
- Janet Rogers, nominated for Most Creativity in the Art of Environmental Storytelling for a podcast called "Solar punk: Sustainability's never looked better."
- Hailey Smalley, nominated for Best Scalable Innovation for an article titled, "The buss about elephants: Using bees to protect crops."
- Wren Wilson, nominated for Best Use of Science or Data in Environmental Storytelling for a video called, "The return of the 'Alalā."
ESF will send about 25 members of the campus community to the Planet Forward Summit in Washington D.C. next week, when the grand prize winners will be announced.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Studentís ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AECís McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210