Women's Woodsmen Takes First at Dartmouth
Mighty Oaks teams excel at final competition of the year
The ESF women's Woodsmen team took first place during the final competition of the year at Dartmouth College.
The women's and men's teams competed in the April 28 meet. The ESF women's team placed first overall in their division, winning the championship. The women won the following events: canoe relay, log roll, pulp toss, team crosscut, team bowsaw, vertical chop, underhand chop, chainsaw disc stack, birling and packboard relay.
The men's team finished with a close second place overall winning the canoe relay event, axe throwing and the vertical chop. They also placed in the pole climb event, team crosscut, birling and log roll.
The woodsmen team is off for the summer and will resume competition in the fall.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210