Women's Woodsmen Takes First at Dartmouth
Mighty Oaks teams excel at final competition of the year
The ESF women's Woodsmen team took first place during the final competition of the year at Dartmouth College.
The women's and men's teams competed in the April 28 meet. The ESF women's team placed first overall in their division, winning the championship. The women won the following events: canoe relay, log roll, pulp toss, team crosscut, team bowsaw, vertical chop, underhand chop, chainsaw disc stack, birling and packboard relay.
The men's team finished with a close second place overall winning the canoe relay event, axe throwing and the vertical chop. They also placed in the pole climb event, team crosscut, birling and log roll.
The woodsmen team is off for the summer and will resume competition in the fall.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210