ESF Offers Photovoltaic Installer and Maintenance Training
Basic and advanced training to be offered
Registration is now being accepted for the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Solar Power As Renewable Energy (SPARE) photovoltaic installer and maintenance training course this spring. Basic and advanced instruction is being offered.
The basic course is a four-day format that includes instruction on siting, design, installation, orientation, tilt and electrical codes along with a mock build. Dates for the basic SPARE course are March 14-17, April 11-14, May 9-12, and Sept. 12-15.
The advanced course is geared toward PV installers and engineers who have experience with photovoltaic systems and offers participants an overview of commercial PV systems. This course is taught online over one month with one day onsite. Dates for the advanced SPARE course are May 7 - June 7 with the onsite class June 8; and Sept. 4 through Oct. 4 with the onsite class Oct. 5.
Registration for all sessions is open.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210