ESF Offers Photovoltaic Installer and Maintenance Training
Basic and advanced training to be offered
Registration is now being accepted for the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Solar Power As Renewable Energy (SPARE) photovoltaic installer and maintenance training course this spring. Basic and advanced instruction is being offered.
The basic course is a four-day format that includes instruction on siting, design, installation, orientation, tilt and electrical codes along with a mock build. Dates for the basic SPARE course are March 14-17, April 11-14, May 9-12, and Sept. 12-15.
The advanced course is geared toward PV installers and engineers who have experience with photovoltaic systems and offers participants an overview of commercial PV systems. This course is taught online over one month with one day onsite. Dates for the advanced SPARE course are May 7 - June 7 with the onsite class June 8; and Sept. 4 through Oct. 4 with the onsite class Oct. 5.
Registration for all sessions is open.
- Dr. James Gibbs Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210