Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Gateway Center among Top 10 for Sustainable Architecture
- Students Hone Skills in Public Speaking Lab
- Survey: Financial Concerns, Old Habits Hinder Green Building
- Students Honored for ‘Spotlight’ Presentations
- College Earns Spot in Guide to Green Colleges from Princeton Review
ESF Offers Photovoltaic Installer and Maintenance Training
Basic and advanced training to be offered
Registration is now being accepted for the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's (ESF) Solar Power As Renewable Energy (SPARE) photovoltaic installer and maintenance training course this spring. Basic and advanced instruction is being offered.
The basic course is a four-day format that includes instruction on siting, design, installation, orientation, tilt and electrical codes along with a mock build. Dates for the basic SPARE course are March 14-17, April 11-14, May 9-12, and Sept. 12-15.
The advanced course is geared toward PV installers and engineers who have experience with photovoltaic systems and offers participants an overview of commercial PV systems. This course is taught online over one month with one day onsite. Dates for the advanced SPARE course are May 7 - June 7 with the onsite class June 8; and Sept. 4 through Oct. 4 with the onsite class Oct. 5.
Registration for all sessions is open.
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210