ESF Hosts Environmental Career Fair
Expo gives students to opportunity to meet with potential employers
ESF hosted the 10th Annual Environmental Career Fair Feb. 23 in Moon Library. The career fair brings together representatives from a broad range of organizations that offer careers associated with the environment.
"It's wonderful that ESF hosts the career fair," said Rachael Weiter, a junior Environmental Resources Engineering major. "It's a great place for students to learn what job opportunities are out there and meet with employers face to face."
This year's fair boasted 55 employers. "Given the current economic times," said John Turbeville, director of career services at ESF, "this is a testament to the product - our students - that ESF offers." A majority of the employers at the fair had full-time jobs available and 75 percent have internships to fill.
Organizations in attendance included corporations, governmental and non-profit agencies, and graduate schools.
Jen Moore of Arcadis, an international company providing consultancy, design, engineering and management services in the fields of infrastructure, water, environment and buildings, noted half the employees in their Syracuse office are ESF grads.
"The students out of ESF make great employees and great leaders in our company," Moore said.
The event provides opportunities for students to explore the great variety of career opportunities available to them and gives employers a chance to recruit highly qualified candidates.
The Environmental Career Fair is part of the Career Development Series sponsored by the Office of Student Life. Other installments included a Dress for Success fashion show, a session about writing resumes and cover letters, a session called Succeeding at the Career Fair and an etiquette dinner.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210