ESF Hosts Environmental Career Fair
Expo gives students to opportunity to meet with potential employers
ESF hosted the 10th Annual Environmental Career Fair Feb. 23 in Moon Library. The career fair brings together representatives from a broad range of organizations that offer careers associated with the environment.
"It's wonderful that ESF hosts the career fair," said Rachael Weiter, a junior Environmental Resources Engineering major. "It's a great place for students to learn what job opportunities are out there and meet with employers face to face."
This year's fair boasted 55 employers. "Given the current economic times," said John Turbeville, director of career services at ESF, "this is a testament to the product - our students - that ESF offers." A majority of the employers at the fair had full-time jobs available and 75 percent have internships to fill.
Organizations in attendance included corporations, governmental and non-profit agencies, and graduate schools.
Jen Moore of Arcadis, an international company providing consultancy, design, engineering and management services in the fields of infrastructure, water, environment and buildings, noted half the employees in their Syracuse office are ESF grads.
"The students out of ESF make great employees and great leaders in our company," Moore said.
The event provides opportunities for students to explore the great variety of career opportunities available to them and gives employers a chance to recruit highly qualified candidates.
The Environmental Career Fair is part of the Career Development Series sponsored by the Office of Student Life. Other installments included a Dress for Success fashion show, a session about writing resumes and cover letters, a session called Succeeding at the Career Fair and an etiquette dinner.
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210