Deconstruction Is Topic at Green Building Conference
SUNY-ESF co-sponsors ninth annual conference
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry partners with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter to host the Ninth New York State Green Building conference March 24 and 25.
The conference, to be held at the Doubletree Hotel inEast Syracuse, provides focused presentations and discussions on green building science, research, operation and maintenance as well as opportunities to network and interact with green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
This year's conference will also feature the third annual Deconstruction Summit focusing on building deconstruction and waste stream management. The summit will take place March 24.
James Howard Kunstler, noted urban planner, author and social critic, will give the keynote address.
Kunstler has long been recognized as a fierce critic of suburban sprawl and the high costs associated with an automobile-centric culture. He has lectured extensively about urban design and energy issues. He writes for The Atlantic Monthly, Slate.com, The New York Times Sunday Magazine and the paper's op-ed page, focusing on issues related to the environment, urban planning and the economy.
For complete information or to register, visit the conference website or contact Maura H. Stefl at email@example.com, 315-470-6889.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210