ESF Honored for Sustainability
College receives award from New York Water Environment Association
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) received an inaugural Sustainability Award from the New York Water Environment Association (NYWEA).
The award honors an organization that has instituted policies and practices that recognize the need for long-term preservation of assets, human capital and natural resources while satisfying present-day needs, societal goals and the organization's environmental mandate. The award winners demonstrate success in developing a culture that encourages and rewards sustainable decision making at all levels of the organization.
ESF was nominated for the award by Sandy Lizlovs, an environmental engineer with the New York state Department of Environmental Conservation.
Last month, ESF graduate student Matthew Huchzermeier was honored during NYWEA's 83rd annual meeting in New York City when he won a $600 first-place award for an oral presentation in the university forum. Huchzermeier's paper was titled, "Overcoming Challenges to Recovering Phosphorus from Anaerobically Digested Dairy Manure." ESF Assistant Professor Wendong Tao was co-author of the paper.
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210