'Tapped' Documentary on Bottled Water Set for April 7
Film to be shown 7 p.m. in Alumni Lounge
Take a peek behind the scenes of the fastest-growing beverage category in the United States. The documentary "Tapped" will be shown at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 7, in Alumni Lounge (informally known as Nifkin Lounge) in the basement of ESF's Marshall Hall. Admission is free and open to the public.
ESF's Green Campus Initiative (GCI) student group will collecting clean, empty cereal boxes to be used for their recycled notebooks project. GCI will give out one raffle ticket for a chance to win various items in exchange for each cereal box collected. Also, the Syracuse University and ESF chapter of the N.Y. Public Interest Research Group will have an informational table set up at the screening. A limited number of free, reusable water bottles will be given to attendees courtesy of the SU Office of Residence Life.
"Tapped" takes an in-depth look at the unregulated and controversial big business of bottled water. With sales of more than $10 billion and 8.6 billion gallons consumed annually, what are the costs of bottled water to the environment and our wallets? Is access to clean drinking water a basic human right or a commodity that should be bought and sold? The film explores these issues and others such as plastic production, the Pacific Garbage Patch and recycling.
"Tapped" is from the producers of "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and "I.O.U.S.A.," and directed by Stephanie Soechtig, a former producer of documentaries for 20/20 and Primetime Live.
ESF's GCI and SU's Office of Residence Life are jointly sponsoring this "Tapped" screening.
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Oakie to Receive Mascot Madness Trophy
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210