ESF Quiz Bowl Team Wins Northeastern TWS Title
Victory marks second year in a row ESF takes top honors
For the second year in a row the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student chapter of The Wildlife Society (TWS) won the title of Northeastern TWS Quiz Bowl champions.
The ESF team, consisting of Jonah Rothleder, senior, wildlife science; Michael Pardo, junior, environmental biology; Dave Keiter, sophomore, wildlife science; and Deanna Russell, senior, wildlife science, were in a set of 11 teams competing April 9 at the student conclave in Cobleskill.
In the semifinals ESF beat teams from the University of Connecticut and the University of Maine. The ESF team overtook the University of Delaware in overtime and handily won over Penn State to retain the title and the coveted Albino Peacock Trophy.
The students, with help from Sara Hansen, their graduate student advisor, have been honing their quiz bowl skills throughout the year. The team expressed its appreciation for support from the Undergraduate Student Association and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, and others whose contributions helps provide the financial support for participation in such events.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210