ESF Quiz Bowl Team Wins Northeastern TWS Title
Victory marks second year in a row ESF takes top honors
For the second year in a row the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student chapter of The Wildlife Society (TWS) won the title of Northeastern TWS Quiz Bowl champions.
The ESF team, consisting of Jonah Rothleder, senior, wildlife science; Michael Pardo, junior, environmental biology; Dave Keiter, sophomore, wildlife science; and Deanna Russell, senior, wildlife science, were in a set of 11 teams competing April 9 at the student conclave in Cobleskill.
In the semifinals ESF beat teams from the University of Connecticut and the University of Maine. The ESF team overtook the University of Delaware in overtime and handily won over Penn State to retain the title and the coveted Albino Peacock Trophy.
The students, with help from Sara Hansen, their graduate student advisor, have been honing their quiz bowl skills throughout the year. The team expressed its appreciation for support from the Undergraduate Student Association and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, and others whose contributions helps provide the financial support for participation in such events.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210