ESF Quiz Bowl Team Wins Northeastern TWS Title
Victory marks second year in a row ESF takes top honors
For the second year in a row the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student chapter of The Wildlife Society (TWS) won the title of Northeastern TWS Quiz Bowl champions.
The ESF team, consisting of Jonah Rothleder, senior, wildlife science; Michael Pardo, junior, environmental biology; Dave Keiter, sophomore, wildlife science; and Deanna Russell, senior, wildlife science, were in a set of 11 teams competing April 9 at the student conclave in Cobleskill.
In the semifinals ESF beat teams from the University of Connecticut and the University of Maine. The ESF team overtook the University of Delaware in overtime and handily won over Penn State to retain the title and the coveted Albino Peacock Trophy.
The students, with help from Sara Hansen, their graduate student advisor, have been honing their quiz bowl skills throughout the year. The team expressed its appreciation for support from the Undergraduate Student Association and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, and others whose contributions helps provide the financial support for participation in such events.
- New Book By ESF Professors Released
- Biomimicry Focus of Two-Day Event at ESF
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Sweep Conference Championships
- ESF Celebrates Role of Field Science in Society
- ESF Education Helps Alumnus Launch Agritourism Success
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Beer Eases Final Moments for Euthanized Invertebrates
- ERE Major Tackles Wastewater Plan in Iceland
- 44 ESF Students Spend Summer as DEC Interns
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210