ESF Quiz Bowl Team Wins Northeastern TWS Title
Victory marks second year in a row ESF takes top honors
For the second year in a row the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student chapter of The Wildlife Society (TWS) won the title of Northeastern TWS Quiz Bowl champions.
The ESF team, consisting of Jonah Rothleder, senior, wildlife science; Michael Pardo, junior, environmental biology; Dave Keiter, sophomore, wildlife science; and Deanna Russell, senior, wildlife science, were in a set of 11 teams competing April 9 at the student conclave in Cobleskill.
In the semifinals ESF beat teams from the University of Connecticut and the University of Maine. The ESF team overtook the University of Delaware in overtime and handily won over Penn State to retain the title and the coveted Albino Peacock Trophy.
The students, with help from Sara Hansen, their graduate student advisor, have been honing their quiz bowl skills throughout the year. The team expressed its appreciation for support from the Undergraduate Student Association and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, and others whose contributions helps provide the financial support for participation in such events.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210