ESF Quiz Bowl Team Wins Northeastern TWS Title
Victory marks second year in a row ESF takes top honors
For the second year in a row the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) student chapter of The Wildlife Society (TWS) won the title of Northeastern TWS Quiz Bowl champions.
The ESF team, consisting of Jonah Rothleder, senior, wildlife science; Michael Pardo, junior, environmental biology; Dave Keiter, sophomore, wildlife science; and Deanna Russell, senior, wildlife science, were in a set of 11 teams competing April 9 at the student conclave in Cobleskill.
In the semifinals ESF beat teams from the University of Connecticut and the University of Maine. The ESF team overtook the University of Delaware in overtime and handily won over Penn State to retain the title and the coveted Albino Peacock Trophy.
The students, with help from Sara Hansen, their graduate student advisor, have been honing their quiz bowl skills throughout the year. The team expressed its appreciation for support from the Undergraduate Student Association and the Department of Environmental and Forest Biology, and others whose contributions helps provide the financial support for participation in such events.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210