County Executive Mahoney to Speak at Biotechnology Symposium
Joanie Mahoney to deliver keynote address
Syracuse's designation as one of the top 10 green communities in the nation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will be a featured topic at a biotechnology symposium hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney will be the keynote speaker at the third annual CNY Biotechnology Symposium June 3 in Syracuse.
Mahoney has been instrumental in achieving the top 10 designation through her support of greener technologies to manage stormwater runoff. She will speak about the innovative use of these green technologies as well as other efforts by Onondaga County to support environmental and economic growth.
The cultivation of economic growth will be the focus of the symposium that will bring together biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy from the surrounding region.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. The final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies, which is located in the Kennedy Square area of Syracuse, will be presented during the lunchtime session.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Care and Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Both will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, includes a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
For complete information, please visitwww.esf.edu/outreach/pd/2011/biotechnology/.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210