County Executive Mahoney to Speak at Biotechnology Symposium
Joanie Mahoney to deliver keynote address
Syracuse's designation as one of the top 10 green communities in the nation by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will be a featured topic at a biotechnology symposium hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney will be the keynote speaker at the third annual CNY Biotechnology Symposium June 3 in Syracuse.
Mahoney has been instrumental in achieving the top 10 designation through her support of greener technologies to manage stormwater runoff. She will speak about the innovative use of these green technologies as well as other efforts by Onondaga County to support environmental and economic growth.
The cultivation of economic growth will be the focus of the symposium that will bring together biotechnology companies involved in drug discovery and development, bioremediation, agricultural biotechnology, and bioproducts and bioenergy from the surrounding region.
Sessions on small company business development and international collaboration will be included. The final design and operating parameters of the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center (CNY BRC), an incubator facility for biotechnology companies, which is located in the Kennedy Square area of Syracuse, will be presented during the lunchtime session.
The symposium will include two parallel program tracks: Uses of Biotechnology to Improve Health Care and Improving the Environment Through Applications of Biotechnology. Both will include presentations and panel discussions.
This year's symposium, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Syracuse, includes a networking reception and poster session June 2 with the opportunity to visit vendor table displays.
For complete information, please visitwww.esf.edu/outreach/pd/2011/biotechnology/.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210