ESF Alumnus Leads SRC, Inc.
Paul Tremont FNRM '78 takes over as president
The SRC board of trustees has elected ESF alumnus Paul G. Tremont FNRM '78 as president of SRC, Inc., formerly Syracuse Research Corporation.
Tremont has served for 26 years with SRC, a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence. He has held a variety of increasingly responsible roles, most recently as executive vice president, operations. In the past five years under Tremont's leadership, SRC's revenue increased 31 percent, the company grew from 650 to more than 900 employees, 30 new customers were added, a manufacturing subsidiary was formed, a leadership development program was created and SRC was named a Fortune Top 100 Best Company to Work For.
Tremont positioned SRC to take on new challenges of national significance through the inception of the Advanced Technology Initiative program, initiated formalized business development practices for the company and was part of the team that instituted a sophisticated strategic planning process.
"Paul is a proven leader with a demonstrated track record who will help us take SRC to the next level," said Chet Amond, chairman of the SRC board of trustees. "His years of experience in the defense market will be invaluable as we seek opportunities to continue the growth of SRC."
Tremont earned his has a bachelor's degree in forestry from ESF and a master's degree in management science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is a member of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, Association of Old Crows, the Association of the United States Army and the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. Tremont serves on the United Way of CNY and ESF College Foundation boards of directors.
SRC is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210