ESF Alumnus Leads SRC, Inc.
Paul Tremont FNRM '78 takes over as president
The SRC board of trustees has elected ESF alumnus Paul G. Tremont FNRM '78 as president of SRC, Inc., formerly Syracuse Research Corporation.
Tremont has served for 26 years with SRC, a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence. He has held a variety of increasingly responsible roles, most recently as executive vice president, operations. In the past five years under Tremont's leadership, SRC's revenue increased 31 percent, the company grew from 650 to more than 900 employees, 30 new customers were added, a manufacturing subsidiary was formed, a leadership development program was created and SRC was named a Fortune Top 100 Best Company to Work For.
Tremont positioned SRC to take on new challenges of national significance through the inception of the Advanced Technology Initiative program, initiated formalized business development practices for the company and was part of the team that instituted a sophisticated strategic planning process.
"Paul is a proven leader with a demonstrated track record who will help us take SRC to the next level," said Chet Amond, chairman of the SRC board of trustees. "His years of experience in the defense market will be invaluable as we seek opportunities to continue the growth of SRC."
Tremont earned his has a bachelor's degree in forestry from ESF and a master's degree in management science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is a member of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, Association of Old Crows, the Association of the United States Army and the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. Tremont serves on the United Way of CNY and ESF College Foundation boards of directors.
SRC is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210