Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
- Rosen Fellowships Allow Students to Pursue Exciting Projects
ESF Alumnus Leads SRC, Inc.
Paul Tremont FNRM '78 takes over as president
The SRC board of trustees has elected ESF alumnus Paul G. Tremont FNRM '78 as president of SRC, Inc., formerly Syracuse Research Corporation.
Tremont has served for 26 years with SRC, a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence. He has held a variety of increasingly responsible roles, most recently as executive vice president, operations. In the past five years under Tremont's leadership, SRC's revenue increased 31 percent, the company grew from 650 to more than 900 employees, 30 new customers were added, a manufacturing subsidiary was formed, a leadership development program was created and SRC was named a Fortune Top 100 Best Company to Work For.
Tremont positioned SRC to take on new challenges of national significance through the inception of the Advanced Technology Initiative program, initiated formalized business development practices for the company and was part of the team that instituted a sophisticated strategic planning process.
"Paul is a proven leader with a demonstrated track record who will help us take SRC to the next level," said Chet Amond, chairman of the SRC board of trustees. "His years of experience in the defense market will be invaluable as we seek opportunities to continue the growth of SRC."
Tremont earned his has a bachelor's degree in forestry from ESF and a master's degree in management science from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He is a member of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association, Association of Old Crows, the Association of the United States Army and the Intelligence and National Security Alliance. Tremont serves on the United Way of CNY and ESF College Foundation boards of directors.
SRC is a not-for-profit research and development company with more than 50 years of experience in defense, environment and intelligence.