Money Magazine Ranks ESF among ‘Best Colleges for Your Money’ Graduation rate, alumni success among factors considered7/19/2017SHARE:
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among the top "100 Best Colleges for Your Money 2017," according to Money magazine.
ESF ranks No. 70, putting the college in the top 10 percent of top-performing colleges that were analyzed.
"…ESF is focused on environmental education and sustainability, and its green campus initiative aims to make the campus entirely carbon neutral," Money states. ESF is cited for having a six-year graduation rate that is "noticeably above average when compared to universities with similar student demographics."
Money also offers quotes from what students are saying on Niche.com, a website that analyzes dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews to produce comprehensive rankings, report cards, and profiles for every K-12 school, college, and neighborhood in the U.S.:
- "The education at this school is top notch. When employers hear that someone has an ESF degree, they know that they're very qualified for a position in the scientific field."
- "Professors are brilliant….ESF is definitely the best undergraduate college for environmental science and forestry in the coterminous United States."
- "Students are held to higher standards than at many other institutions. I have been offered internships specifically because my education is happening at ESF."
Because college is the second-largest financial expenditure for many families, Money drew on research and advice from dozens of the nation's top experts on education quality, financing, and value to develop a new, uniquely practical analysis of more than 700 of the nation's best-performing colleges. MONEY ranks colleges based on 27 measures of educational quality, affordability, and alumni success. In each category, the magazine used at least one "value-added" measure, which reveals a school's performance after subtracting the impact of its average student's test scores and percentage of low-income students.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210