The quality of your drinking water is important to your health and well-being. Fortunately, Central New York has abundant supplies of good quality water. Ensuring this precious resource continues to serve future generations of residents is something we all can work toward.
How can you help? Become informed about your watershed (the land area that feeds the rivers, lakes or streams that provide your drinking water). Learn about its current health. Find out what activities take place in the region that could have an impact on water quality. Learn how land use and development decisions may affect water resources. Become involvedjoin a local water resources organization and make your thoughts known to area decision-makers.
Fascinating Information about Watersheds
Local Agencies and Organizations
- City of Syracuse Department of Water
- Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection
- Onondaga County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Onondaga County Water Authority
- The Skaneateles Watershed Web Site