II. ENSURING LABORATORY SAFETY
A. Laboratory Director
The Laboratory Director (LD) shall be defined as:
- the person in charge of an exclusive use laboratory or;
- the person in charge of the instruction or project in a multiple use laboratory.
The LD shall ensure that:
- appropriate safety and emergency procedures have been developed and are followed;
- adequate emergency equipment is available and in working condition;
- all personnel receive training in use of emergency equipment;
- information on any special or unusual hazards in non-routine procedures is provided for any personnel;
- the appropriate safety orientation has been given to all project participants.