A. All laboratory personnel shall:
- have access to a copy of the Laboratory Safety Guide/Chemical Hygiene Program.
- be informed of OSHA standard 1910.1450 - occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals in laboratories.
- receive information about Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL) and symptoms of exposure for any regulated chemicals to which they are exposed.
B. Laboratory Directors shall:
- review the Laboratory Safety Guide/Chemical Hygiene Program with their laboratory personnel.
- arrange for any additional information or specific training for their laboratory personnel.
- contact Chemical Hygiene Officer for assistance as needed.
C. Training shall:
- be conducted when personnel are first assigned to a laboratory.
- be conducted when new hazardous chemicals or procedures are introduced into a laboratory.
- be conducted at least annually.
- be conducted in compliance with 29CFR 1910.1200 (e).
(See Appendix K)