CSRE Research Areas:
CoE in Water
The Center for Sustainable & Renewable Energy
Sustainability at ESF
Status of CoE Renewable Energy
As of 11/15/05, the CoE provided support letters to eleven proposals submitted to NYSERDA PON 936:
- Phillip O'Connor, EnTrust Energy Services
"CNY Energy Resource Center"
Partner with SUNY-ESF/Forest Products Industry
- Raymond Francis, SUNY-ESF
"Lignin Derived Monomers for Bioproduction of Novel Polyhydroxyalkanoates"
Partner with Andritz, Inc.
- Dennis Rak, Double A Vineyards, Inc.
"Establishment of a Commercial Willow Biomass Crop Nursery in New York"
Partner with SUNY-ESF
- James Nakas, SUNY-ESF
"Value-Added Polyhydroxyalkanoate Thermoplastics from Biodiesel-Process Glycerol"
Partner with NextGen Fuels
- Jason Masters, Northern Biodiesel
"Upstream/Downstream Biodiesel Network for Upstate New York"
Partner with Cornell
- Joe Franceschi, Changing World Technologies, Inc.
"Evaluation of Liquid Wastes Feedstocks for TCP Processing into Biofuels in the New York City Area"
Partner with SUNY-ESF
- Karla Fennell, CoolBrands Dairy, Inc.
"Feasibility Study to Determine the Optimum Use of Biogas Generated at the CoolBrands Cheese Plant at North Lawrence, New York"
Partner with Clarkson
- Michel Delafontaine, Alternative Aviation Fuels LLC
"Market Analysis for the Replacement of Aviation Gasoline (Avgas) by Ethanol in New York State"
Partner with Northeast Biofuels
- Steven Sheppard, Sheppard Grain, Inc.
"Upgrading Process of Soybean Conversion to Biodiesel"
Partner with SUNY-ESF and NextGen Fuels
- William Guptill, Guptill Farms
"Optimizing On-Farm Biodiesel Production"
Partner with Doug Daley, SUNY-ESF; Wastenot Resources Solutions; Stone's Throw Farm; Wegman's and Donath Fabrication
- P.S. Eckhoff, P.S. Eckhoff Machinery, Inc.
"Optiimize Continuous Processing of Biodiesel Fuel From New York Soybean Oil and Methanol"
Partner with Arthur Stipanovic, SUNY-ESF
Please Note Several New Opportunities:
- NYSERDA PON 945: Renewable Energy Technology Options Program http://www.nyserda.org/
- New York State Agriculture and Markets RFP for bioproducts, bioenergy and biofuels http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us/
- DoE/USDA Biomass Research and Development Initiative http://www.fedgrants.gov/ You are encouraged to review these opportunities and seek ways to partner with academic partners of the CoE. It is clear that the CoE academic partners will be submitting several proposals to these RFP's, with opportunity for cooperators.
- Clarkson University, in cooperation with numerous partners, is developing: Strategic Summit and Exposition on Bioenergy and Rural Development, tentatively set for June 21-23, 2006, as a follow-up to the successful June 2005 symposium hosted at the University Sheraton. Contact at Clarkson is Dr. Susan Powers
- MACNY and SUNY-ESF announce a Renewable Energy Certificate Program: Strategies for the Use of Sustainable and Renewable Energy, scheduled Fridays from 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM at the Genesee Grande in Syracuse beginning January 13, 2006. Contact:Susan Palehttp://www.reinventcny.com/
- Please review the monthly DoE Biomass Initiative Newsletter at http://www.doe.gov/
You can subscribe to the newsletter at: firstname.lastname@example.org