Service Project ProfilesI professionally serve in various capacities with many organizations. In addition to the direct roles listed below, I serve as: outreach member to ESF initiatives in K-12 activities, faculty mentoring, and professional development; advisor to many students, our junior faculty, and environmentally-oriented community groups; reviewer of approximately ten scholarly articles in a wide-range of national and international journals each year; reviewer of approximately 15 proposals to local, state, federal and international agencies each year, and committee member on several departmental, a few college and cross-institutional initiatives. I am interested in both lending my expertise in water resources and ecological engineering to assist committees, communities, and institutions and in lending my time to learn from and assist others in addressing environmental stewardship needs.
Roles & Organizations
- Daily Weather Observer for NOAA NWS with SUNY ESF weather [SUVN6 YQHwB402]
- Faculty Co-Advisor for Engineers Without Borders with a Honduras focus
- Advisory Board for International Journal of River Basin Management
- Editorial Board for Hydrological Processes
- Faculty Co-Advisor for Salt City Chapter of American Water Resources Association
- Trainer of NOAA River Forecast Center personnel in Fluvial Geomorphology
- Graduate Coordinator for SUNY ESF Department of ERE
- Adjunct Faculty Advisor for ESF and SU Chapter of Habitat for Humanity
- Adjunct Board Member of Project Watershed in CNY
- Former Interim Management Committee with UNESCO's Hydrology for Environment, Life & Policy
- Member of SUNY ESF Faculty Committees such as HSS and Water at ESF which orients around watersheds
- Advisor to Council for Responsible Sport
Weather Monitoring and ReportingIn June of 2002 a small group at ESF launched an ESF Live Weather on the Internet, which compliments the data gathered by multiple remote stations and meteorological links.
Tech code: min\t 27>2