I supervise graduate students working in a broad range of remote sensing and GIS-focused projects. In addition to the 27 students I have advised (or continue to advise) as major or co-major professor, I have also served on committees for more than 40 other students pursuing degrees in engineering, biology and forestry.
Current Graduate Student Advisees *Denotes Co-Major Professor
More information about current graduate students is available at my campus web page
- Nishan Bhattarai, Using surface energy balance algorithms in estimating evapotranspiration from multi-sensor images, PhD
- Sean Huckins*, Fusion of images for the human brain opportunities for improved diagnostic and surgical interventions, PhD
- Zhu Gu*, Relating environmental factors to land surface temperature, PhD
- Yemeng (Emma) Jin, Assessing forest biomass using remote sensing, MS
- Melisa Keskin, Temporal and spatial changes in white-tailed deer habitat in Syracuse, NY, MS
- Teng Li, Tree crown detection in urban forests, MS
- Tao Liu*, Tree crown delineation based on a fishing net dragging algorithm and boundary classification, MS
- Zuwei Xu*, MS
Completed Graduate Student Advisees *Denotes Co-Major Professor
- Yinghai Ke, Tree crown detection and delineation for forest inventory analysis and species classification using remote sensing techniques, PhD, Dec 2009.
- Zhen Zhen*, Considering spatial covariance structure in individual tree crown delineation from multispectral imagery and airborne laser scanner data, PhD, Aug 2013
- Greg Bacon, Application of object-oriented image classification to identify potential brownfield sites in Syracuse, New York, MS, May 2007.
- Laura Calandra, Spectral analysis of white ash response to emerald ash borer infestations, MS, Dec 2012
- Jarrod Doucette, A rules-base approach to predicting eastern hemlock abundance using multispectral imagery and topographic measures, MS, Aug 2006.
- Durga Peddada, A GIS-based approach for assessment of biomass resources and routing using travel distance and time, MS, Dec 2007.
- Pauline Stephen*, Mapping Chlorophyll a concentration in Oneida Lake, New York using remote sensing and a semi-analytical reflectance model, MS, Dec 2006.
- Wenhua Zhang*, Prediction of tree diameter and crown width from remote sensing imagery, MS, Dec 2009.
- Meggie Zheng*, Linear unmixing of AVIRIS data to identify White Ash in the Catskill Mountain Region, New York, MS, May 2007.
- Yue Zuo, Road Extraction from lidar data in residential and commercial areas of Oneida County, NY, MS, Dec 2009.
- Pat Acee, Mapping Techniques in the Rehabilitation of the Earlville Reservoirs, MPS, May 2008.
- Paul Ang*, Charming the snake: Python scripting and ArcGIS, MPS, May 2013.
- Michelle Bunny, Parcel owner negligence as related to owner residency, MPS, Aug 2007.
- Rebecca Maurer, Utilizing a Geographic Information System (GIS) for bridge management and inspection, MPS, May 2009.
- Yvonne Paul (Triolo), Comparison of Lidar and Survey Terrain Models, MPS, August 2008.
- George Schmitt, Plane surveying vs. grid derived coordinates, MPS, Dec 2009.
- Kate Sinsabaugh (Wood), An accuracy assessment of a GPS unit through wet and dry canopy, MPS, Dec 2005.
- Baohua Tao, Use of GIS and programming in urban planning research and operations, MPS, May 2006.
- Zhen Zhen, Impact of training and validation sample selection on classification accuracy and accuracy assessment when using reference polygons in object-based classification, MPS, Dec 2012.