I supervise graduate students working in a broad range of remote sensing and GIS-focused projects. In addition to the students I have advised (or continue to advise) as major or co-major professor, I have also served on committees for more than 40 other students pursuing degrees in engineering, biology and forestry.
Current Graduate Student Advisees *Denotes Co-Major Professor
More information about current graduate students is available at my campus web page
- John Bisgrove, Remote sensing of ocean color and constituents, MS
- Neha Susanna Dendukuri, Spatial analysis of sustainable energy sources under a changing climate, MS
- Sean Huckins*, Fusion of images for the human brain opportunities for improved diagnostic and surgical interventions, PhD
- Siqi Li, Fusion of lidar and Landsat ETM+ in estimating forest biomass, PhD
- Ge (Jeff) Pu, Remote sensing of riparian buffers, PhD
Completed Graduate Student Advisees *Denotes Co-Major Professor
- Nishan Bhattarai,Single-source surface energy balance algorithms to estimate evapotranspiration from satellite-based remotely sensed data, May 2015
- Zhu Gu*,Application of novel machine learning methods on satellite-based remotely sensed data, Dec 2015
- Yinghai Ke, Tree crown detection and delineation for forest inventory analysis and species classification using remote sensing techniques, Dec 2009.
- Zhen Zhen*, Considering spatial covariance structure in individual tree crown delineation from multispectral imagery and airborne laser scanner data, Aug 2013
- Greg Bacon, Application of object-oriented image classification to identify potential brownfield sites in Syracuse, New York, May 2007.
- Laura Calandra, Spectral analysis of white ash response to emerald ash borer infestations, Dec 2012
- Jarrod Doucette, A rules-base approach to predicting eastern hemlock abundance using multispectral imagery and topographic measures, Aug 2006.
- Melisa Keskin, Effects of spatial resolution on tree cover characterization of suburban landscapes, Dec 2014.
- Tao Liu*,Tree crown delineation based on a fishing net dragging algorithm and boundary classification, May 2014.
- Durga Peddada, A GIS-based approach for assessment of biomass resources and routing using travel distance and time, Dec 2007.
- Pauline Stephen*, Mapping Chlorophyll a concentration in Oneida Lake, New York using remote sensing and a semi-analytical reflectance model, Dec 2006.
- Zuwei Xu*, Impervious surface extraction in imbalanced datasets: Integrating multi-temporal data in a one-class classifier, Aug 2014.
- Wenhua Zhang*, Prediction of tree diameter and crown width from remote sensing imagery, Dec 2009.
- Meggie Zheng*, Linear unmixing of AVIRIS data to identify White Ash in the Catskill Mountain Region, New York, May 2007.
- Yue Zuo, Road Extraction from lidar data in residential and commercial areas of Oneida County, NY, Dec 2009.
- Pat Acee, Mapping Techniques in the Rehabilitation of the Earlville Reservoirs, May 2008.
- Paul Ang*, Charming the snake: Python scripting and ArcGIS, May 2013.
- Michelle Bunny, Parcel owner negligence as related to owner residency, Aug 2007.
- Rebecca Maurer, Utilizing a Geographic Information System (GIS) for bridge management and inspection, May 2009.
- Teng Li, Developing methods to refine two traditional individual tree crown delineation algorithms, Aug 2015
- Jiayong (Jay) Liang, Impact of Urban Land Use on Biodiversity and Conservation Value of Protected Areas:
Study of United States Ecoregions, Dec 2015.
- Yvonne Paul, Comparison of Lidar and Survey Terrain Models, Aug 2008.
- George Schmitt, Plane surveying vs. grid derived coordinates, Dec 2009.
- Kate Sinsabaugh (Wood), An accuracy assessment of a GPS unit through wet and dry canopy, Dec 2005.
- Baohua Tao, Use of GIS and programming in urban planning research and operations, May 2006.
- Zhen Zhen, Impact of training and validation sample selection on classification accuracy and accuracy assessment when using reference polygons in object-based classification, Dec 2012.