Maureen R. Fitzsimmons
105B Moon Library
1 Forestry Dr.
Syracuse, New York 13210
Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York School of Education, MS, English Education
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri School of Journalism, Bachelor of Journalism College of Arts and Science, AB, English
Current ESF Courses
- EWP 290
- EWP 300
- EWP 407
Teaching and Research Interests
- Composition and technical writing
- Environmental and nature writing
- Media and the environment
- Creative nonfiction
- Community-based writing and learning
- Narrative and storytelling
Select Publications, Presentations and Talks
- Instructor's Resource Manual for The College Writer, Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Co-Presenter, "Negotiating Boundaries Between Campus and Community," Writing Center Administrators (IWCA-NCPTW) Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, .
- Co-Presenter, "Tapping Into Local Resources: Extending the Classroom," Gateway Focus on Teaching, Syracuse University.
- Co-Presenter, "Who Owns Diversity? Critical Encounters in Higher Education," The Fourth International Conference on Diversity in Organisations, Communities and Nations, UCLA, July 6, 2004.
- Co-Presenter, "Working with Professional Writing Students in the Writing Center." Writing Center Administrators (IWCA-NCPTW) Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania..
- Presenter, "Service-Learning in a Writing Class," Venture Consortium Conference, Franklin & Marshall College.
- Contributor, Political Moments in the Classroom, by Margaret Himley et al., Boynton-Cook
- Conference on College Composition and Communication, "Students Talk: Conversation, Insight and the Writing Process," Phoenix, Arizona.