Maureen R. Fitzsimmons
105 Moon Library
1 Forestry Dr.
Syracuse, New York 13210
- BJ, University of Missouri
- MA, Syracuse University
ESF Courses Taught
- EWP 190
- EWP 410
- EWP 290, syllabus
Areas of Interest
- Composition and rhetoric
- technical writing
- service-learning and community based writing
- creative nonfiction journalism
- diversity pedagogy
- narrative and storytelling
- Instructor's Resource Manual for The College Writer, 2006
- Awards (2006)
- Co-Presenter, "Negotiating Boundaries Between Campus and Community," Writing Center Administrators (IWCA-NCPTW) Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, October 2005.
- Co-Presenter, "Tapping Into Local Resources: Extending the Classroom," Gateway Focus on Teaching, Syracuse University, November 11, 2004.
- Co-Presenter, "Writing and Diversity in a Globalized World," Syracuse University Project Advance Conference, October 8, 2004
- Co-Presenter, "Who Owns Diversity? Critical Encounters in Higher Education," The Fourth International Conference on Diversity in Organisations, Communities and Nations, UCLA, July 6, 2004.
- Co-Presenter, "Working with Professional Writing Students in the Writing Center." Writing Center Administrators (IWCA-NCPTW) Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania, October 2003.
- Presenter, "Service-Learning in a Writing Class," Venture Consortium Conference, Franklin & Marshall College, May 2003