New York, Federal Government, United Nations, Other States, Commercial
New York Data Sources
- NY State GIS Clearing house (data and other information regarding GIS in NYS. Some layers require a password to download. You can obtain the College's password from... TBD.)
- NY DOT quad sheets Note that USGS and NY DOT quad names are not always the same and this can cause major confusion.
- Cornell U. NYS data site (CUGIR Free but often older data). Includes:
- USGS 7.5 MIN TopoMaps (2000). This data set consists of images derived from scans of U.S.G.S. 7.5 minute quadrangle maps (Digital Raster Graphics). The images form a set of 4 seamless tiles, 5,000 m on a side for each map, from which the map collar information was removed. Images are GeoTIFF files in NAD83, UTM zone 18.
- 1x2 degree quads (250k)
- Counties data.
- Large Scale Watersheds
- Statewide Data
- Plus lots of ther data
US Government Agencies
- FGDC (Federal Geographic Data Committee)
- US Census Bureau
- TIGER data (mostly line data)
- NRCS (Natural Resouces Conservation Service)
- GeoSpatial Gateway (Hydrologic units, Topographic images, Map indexes (1/12k, 1/24k, 1/25k,1/100k,1 degree by state), Elevation (10 & 30 m), ortho imagry, Geographic names, land use land cover, Soils and Temperature)
- Spatial data (Air, Air Quality, Chemikcals, Cleanup, Climate change, Hazardous waste, Health assesment, Health effects, Health risks,Monitoring, Pesticides, Soil & land, Surface water, Wastes, Watersheds, Water)
- US Forest Service
- FSGeodata Clearinghouse (Rster and Vector data for National Forests, Sate and Private Forestry Assessment Data, Forest Service maps, + other resources).
- National Park Service Geography and Mapping Technologies site
- Environment Programme
- Geo Data Portal - 450 data sets covering themes like water, population, forests, etc. at national, sub regional, regional, and global statistics.
- California (CaSIL)
- Connecticut (MAGIC)
- New Hampshire (GRANIT)
- Maine (MEGIS)
- Massachusetts GIS
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania (PASDA)
- Rhode Island (RIGIS)
- Vermont (VCGI)