2013 Annual Conference: SUNY Oswego, April 5-6, 2013
Call for Student and Faculty Papers
The 23rd Annual Great Lakes Research Consortium Student-Faculty Conference will be held April 5th and 6th at SUNY-Oswego's Lanigan Hall. Students planning on giving presentations at this years IAGLR conference can take advantage of this advance opportunity to present their ideas to an audience of peers and faculty. To maximize opportunities for discussion and feedback, students who are in the early stages of their research and planning are encouraged to give a poster presentation as part of the Friday evening mixer and reception.
Proposed Sessions Include
- Social Science including Economics, Human Dimensions, Policy and Planning;
- Limnology and Ecology including Fisheries, and Trophic Interactions;
- Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology;
- Environmental Engineering and Ecosystem Modeling
This year's plenary session for Friday afternoon will focus on the "Lake Ontario Cooperative Science Monitoring Initiative", with special emphasis on how member campuses and their students can participate in planned research activities. The plenary will start on Friday afternoon at 3:00pm and will be followed by the poster reception and mixer. Oral presentations will start early on Saturday morning with the final sessions and categories being based on papers received. All students presenting at the conference will receive free registration, including all meals and the reception. Information on parking and lodging near the SUNY-Oswego campus is available online at http://www.oswego.edu/about/visit.html.
Please submit an abstract of your research or proposed research by electronic mail as a word document to GLRC@esf.edu. Files should be named with the presenter’s last name (smith.doc) and include:
- Authors (Include student’s advisor and any other contributors)
- Institution (Name of School)
- Address (Home Address, Street, City, State/Province, Zip)
- Email, Phone
- Session Preference (Chemistry, limnology Public Policy, etc.)
- Presentation Format (Oral or Poster)
- Abstract (not to exceed 250 words)
Registration is available online at REGISTER. The deadline for submission of abstracts is March 29th, 2013. Notification of receipt will be made within 2 days after submission, and session placement will be available on April 3, 2013. Send abstracts to email@example.com. For more information, contact Dave White (firstname.lastname@example.org), NYSG at (315) 470-6720 or Greg Boyer (email@example.com) at 315-470-6825.