- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse: Tools to Help Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather
- In Celebration of International Wildlife Day, DEC Reminds New Yorkers to "Return a Gift to Wildlife" (from the DEC)
- Wood Energy in America (PDF - from Science magazine)
- Building a Pipeline for Green Jobs (PDF - from CNY Business Exchange)
The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the College's mission and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relationsis an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Commission's Ethics Laws, Lobbying Laws and Regulations and New Guidelines for Reportable Business Relationships can be found HERE.
America's Climate Choices
New from National Academies Press, America's Climate Choices is the National Research Council's most comprehensive study of climate change to date.
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
Events of Note
Thesis Defense -- Michelle Tinner
Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm. 254 Baker.
- Brattleboro Reformer: East Coast's saltmarsh sparrow disappearing, scientists say
- ABC News: East Coast's Saltmarsh Sparrow Disappearing, Scientists Say
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- WRVO: SUNY ESF studying wasps as predators of emerald ash borer
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- Biomass Magazine: USDA, DOE invest $10 million in biofuel, feedstock research
- USDA Blog: Will Chestnuts Roast on an Open Fire Again Someday?
- USDA NIFA: Will Chestnuts Roast on an Open Fire Again Someday?
- Eagle News: Elevating Erie winners revealed; Officials hope to use momentum to bring innovative projects to the area
- Syracuse.com: Syracuse University student donations turn into tons of love
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932