The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the mission of the college and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relations is an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Wondering About Climate Change?
Read: Climate Change Is Complex. We’ve Got Answers to Your Questions. (New York Times)
Follow NYS Politics at:
Events of Note
No events currently posted.
- CNY Central: Syracuse Mayoral Debate at ESF
- CapeCod.com: Bat Surveys Commence Again at Cape Cod National Seashore
- Daily Orange: SUNY-ESF researchers bring near-extinct snails back to the wild
- Planet Forward: A bird nerd in the Amazon: Understanding the diverse ecosystem
- Syracuse.com: Syracuse mulls adding new downtown building in Perseverance Park redesign
- CNY Central: NBC3 to host Syracuse mayoral debate on Oct. 30
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- Daily Star: SUNY Cobleskill works to help in Haiti
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932