- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse: Tools to Help Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather
- In Celebration of International Wildlife Day, DEC Reminds New Yorkers to "Return a Gift to Wildlife" (from the DEC)
- Wood Energy in America (PDF - from Science magazine)
- Building a Pipeline for Green Jobs (PDF - from CNY Business Exchange)
The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the College's mission and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relationsis an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Spirits of ESF: Alumni Support Burgeoning New York State Industry
Full economic impact of N.Y.'s Craft Breweries on state economy: $3.5 Billion*
Wine flour, a value-added product from the production of wine, adds nutritional benefits to foods.
ESF alumnus ensures F.X. Matt Brewing Company's committment to sustainable practices.
- Legislation Consolidates Licensing and Eases Regulatory Requirements for Wineries, Breweries, Distilleries and Cideries
- New Laws Expand Sales by the Glass to Farm Wineries, Breweries and Cideries
- Tax Credit Expected to Save Craft Beverage Producers $4 Million Over the Next Two Years Free Tastings for Customers are also Sales-Tax Free for Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries
- *New Study Finds Friendly Business Climate Is Fueling Explosive Growth Impact on New York Economy Is $3.5 Billion
- Governor Cuomo Recognizes F.X. Matt Brewing Co. CEO for Advancing the Craft Beer Industry
- F.X. Matt Brewing Co. Receives Recycling Award
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Hops Program
NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Commission's Ethics Laws, Lobbying Laws and Regulations and New Guidelines for Reportable Business Relationships can be found HERE.
America's Climate Choices
New from National Academies Press, America's Climate Choices is the National Research Council's most comprehensive study of climate change to date.
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
Events of Note
No events currently posted.
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- The Hill: The case for more land conservation and a new national monument
- TWC Going Green: Making Electricity
- US Fish and Wildlife: Constructing Conservation with a Rare New York Plant
- Syracuse.com: DEC officer who saved her partner's life no stranger to 'heroic' feats
- Daily Orange: SUNY-ESF research collects saliva as source of bear DNA
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- Adirondack Almanack: A Master Trail Builder; A Vision For North Creek
- Morning Consult: Trumpís Victory Should Mean the End of the #ExxonKnew Movement
- NYS Urban Forestry Council: Getting to Know Onondaga Earth Corps
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932