- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse: Tools to Help Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather
- In Celebration of International Wildlife Day, DEC Reminds New Yorkers to "Return a Gift to Wildlife" (from the DEC)
- Wood Energy in America (PDF - from Science magazine)
- Building a Pipeline for Green Jobs (PDF - from CNY Business Exchange)
The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the College's mission and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relationsis an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Commission's Ethics Laws, Lobbying Laws and Regulations and New Guidelines for Reportable Business Relationships can be found HERE.
America's Climate Choices
New from National Academies Press, America's Climate Choices is the National Research Council's most comprehensive study of climate change to date.
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
Events of Note
Huntington Lecture Series- New York Bats: Natural History and Current Status
Thursday, August 4, 2016, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Adirondack Interpretive Center, 5922 State Route 28N Newcomb, NY 12852.
- North Country Public Radio: Adirondack Park Agency: new leadership, new challenges
- CNYCentral: Grants fund studies of fish ailment, algal blooms, food web
- RF SUNY blog: ESF lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- SU News: SU-ESF Faculty Win EPA Grant to Advance Appreciation for Onondaga Lake
- Bookwitty: The light at the end of the tunnel
- Andropogon: Familiar Place, Unfamiliar Ecology
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Oswego County Today: Great Lakes Research Consortium Grants Investigating vitamin B deficiency in fish, harmful Algal Blooms, DNA testing of aquatic f
- Syracuse.com: Play free lawn games, putt-putt golf and giant checkers in downtown Syracuse today
- Albany Times Union: Climate change leaders meet
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932