- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse: Tools to Help Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather
- In Celebration of International Wildlife Day, DEC Reminds New Yorkers to "Return a Gift to Wildlife" (from the DEC)
- Wood Energy in America (PDF - from Science magazine)
- Building a Pipeline for Green Jobs (PDF - from CNY Business Exchange)
The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the College's mission and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relationsis an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Spirits of ESF: Alumni Support Burgeoning New York State Industry
Full economic impact of N.Y.'s Craft Breweries on state economy: $3.5 Billion*
Wine flour, a value-added product from the production of wine, adds nutritional benefits to foods.
ESF alumnus ensures F.X. Matt Brewing Company's committment to sustainable practices.
- Legislation Consolidates Licensing and Eases Regulatory Requirements for Wineries, Breweries, Distilleries and Cideries
- New Laws Expand Sales by the Glass to Farm Wineries, Breweries and Cideries
- Tax Credit Expected to Save Craft Beverage Producers $4 Million Over the Next Two Years Free Tastings for Customers are also Sales-Tax Free for Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries
- *New Study Finds Friendly Business Climate Is Fueling Explosive Growth Impact on New York Economy Is $3.5 Billion
- Governor Cuomo Recognizes F.X. Matt Brewing Co. CEO for Advancing the Craft Beer Industry
- F.X. Matt Brewing Co. Receives Recycling Award
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Hops Program
NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Commission's Ethics Laws, Lobbying Laws and Regulations and New Guidelines for Reportable Business Relationships can be found HERE.
America's Climate Choices
New from National Academies Press, America's Climate Choices is the National Research Council's most comprehensive study of climate change to date.
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
Events of Note
- News Channel 9: SUNY ESF could be hit hard by Trump's proposed EPA cuts
- Daily Orange: SUNY-ESF pledges to not use bee-toxic pesticides after designation as ‘pollinator friendly campus’
- Daily Orange: SUNY-ESF team receives portion of state grant to manage overpopulation of white-tailed deer
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- SESYNC: Environmental Research Letters Names SESYNC-Supported Study Best of 2016
- Daily Orange: SUNY-ESF researchers brace for possible EPA funding cuts
- Audubon New York: SUNY-ESF adjunct professor awarded state department funding to monitor wetlands
- Oneida Daily Dispatch: Attendance grows for ESF-OC3 downtown Oneida workshop
- TWC News: Climate Change Advocates Criticize Trump Policy
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932