- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse: Tools to Help Communities Prepare for Extreme Weather
- In Celebration of International Wildlife Day, DEC Reminds New Yorkers to "Return a Gift to Wildlife" (from the DEC)
- Wood Energy in America (PDF - from Science magazine)
- Building a Pipeline for Green Jobs (PDF - from CNY Business Exchange)
The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the College's mission and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relationsis an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
NYS Joint Commission on Public Ethics
Commission's Ethics Laws, Lobbying Laws and Regulations and New Guidelines for Reportable Business Relationships can be found HERE.
America's Climate Choices
New from National Academies Press, America's Climate Choices is the National Research Council's most comprehensive study of climate change to date.
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
Events of Note
Huntington Lecture Series- New York Bats: Natural History and Current Status
Thursday, August 4, 2016, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Adirondack Interpretive Center, 5922 State Route 28N Newcomb, NY 12852.
- Morning Ag Clips: National Forestry Challenge Grants
- National Geographic: How the DNA Revolution Is Changing Us
- TWC Going Green: Once Dubbed Most Polluted Lake in USA, Onondaga Lake Seeing Big Improvements
- The Sandpaper: Good Year for Threatened and Endangered Bird Nesting Sites in Holgate
- ABC News 25: Report shows extreme toxicity at 4 bodies of water in Martin County
- Auburn Citizen: Lanning: Park ownership awaits governor's signature, environmental efforts under way
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- News 10 NBC New York State Exposed: Dead "Living Snow Fence" along the Thruway
- WRVO: New York investing in the next generation of farmers
- Peninsula Daily News: Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary is Friday's focus in Forks Evening Talk series
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932