The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the mission of the college and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relations is an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Wondering About Climate Change?
Read: Climate Change Is Complex. We’ve Got Answers to Your Questions. (New York Times)
Follow NYS Politics at:
Events of Note
- News Channel 9: DeWitt begins deer reduction program through March 31
- Elsevier: Urban forests make megacities more environmentally sustainable
- Albany Times-Union: Town discusses rabbit comeback
- National Wild Turkey Federation: Alterations in the Allegany
- CurrentCast: iTree Hydro
- Syracuse.com: County legislators OK plan for $1.5M bike trail on polluted land near Onondaga Lake
- Morning AgClips: Highlighting NY’s forest products industry
- Adirondack Almanack: Camp Santanoni Winter Open House Schedule
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- Syracuse.com: Walsh picks private sector supervisor for head of Syracuse DPW
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932