- L.T.E.R. Modeling Luquillo Experimental Forest
- On this site, we review ecological models developed by the Systems Ecology Lab at SUNY-ESF for the Luquillo Experimental Forest (LEF) of the Luquillo Mountains in northeastern Puerto Rico.
- Hudson River Fish
- Dr Karin Limburg's research at the Hudson River has focused on American Shad, River Herring, Eels and Striped Bass
- ESF in Antarctica
Dr. David Kieber, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry professor of chemistry, made his fifth visit to Antarctica to conduct chemical oceanography research. Relive Dr. Kieber's progress on our Updates from the Ross Sea page.
- Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study
The Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study (HBES) pioneered the small watershed technique as a method of studying ecosystem processes. This long-term ecological research is conducted within the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest (HBEF), a 3,160 hectare reserve in the White Mountain National Forest, New Hampshire, owned/managed by the USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station.
- Huntington Forest Research in Hydrobiogeochemistry
- The Huntington Forest (HF) has participated in the National Atmospheric Deposition Program (NADP) and the National Trends Network (NTN) since Oct. 31, 1978. The HF has also been part of the Mercury Deposition Network (MDN) since December 10, 1999. The HF has also been a site in various regional biogeochemical studies including the Integrated Forest Study (IFS; Johnson and Lindberg, 1992), the Adirondack Manipulation and Modeling Project (AMMP; Mitchell et al., 1996) and the Adirondack Long-Term Monitoring (ALTM) Lake Project (Driscoll et al., 1998). The Huntington Forest was also the site of a soil warming experiment using buried heating cables (McHale et al., 1998) the results of which have also been compared with other sites with similar experiments (Rustad et al., 1999, 2000, 2001). Adjacent
- ESF in Cyprus
- Dr. Theodore Endreny is working on some rainfall analysis with the Cyprus Meteorological Survey (CMS), as well as the remotely sensed elevation model work.