e s f home link - e s f college of environmental science and forestry
e s f home link - e s f college of environmental science and forestry

I-94: Record of Arrival & Departure

I-94 Card

If you are traveling by aircraft, the flight attendants on board will distribute CF-6059 Customs Declaration Forms and Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record for immigration, before you land at your initial Port of Entry in the U.S. Complete these forms while you are on the aircraft and submit them to the appropriate Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer upon your arrival.  If you do not understand a form, ask the flight attendant for assistance.

You must enter your name as it appears on your I-20/DS-2019 and passport  and enter the U.S. address at which you will reside (not the school address) along with other biographical information. Please note that birth dates are written Day/ Month/ Year.

At the Port of Entry, a CBP Officer stamps the Form I-94, passport, and I-20/ DS-2019. Your documents should be stamped with the date of entry, F-1 or J-1 should be noted as your non-immigrant status, and D/S (duration of status) should be noted as your length of stay.

If your I-94 is marked incorrectly, you should seek a correction immediately at the Port of Entry prior to leaving the airport. If you are unable to obtain a correction, contact the Office of International Education so that guidance can be provided as this document governs the terms of your non-immigrant status in the U.S.

The departure portion of CBP Form I-94 and passport is to be in your possession at all times until you depart the United States. Your I-94 card should be surrendered to the airline when you depart the U.S. on an international flight. You should retain your I-94 card if you are traveling to Canada, Mexico, or the adjacent islands for less than 30 days for tourist purposes.

Additional Information