Requesting a New DS-2019/ DS-2019 Update
Please use the DS-2019 Update/ Request Form to request a new DS-2019 for the following reasons:
- to replace your lost document;
- to update your financial information (e.g., change in source of funding, applying for a new visa);
- for inclusion in your application to change to J-1 student status; or
- to change your level of study to a higher level (e.g., (MS to PhD).
If you would like to add a dependent spouse and/or child to your J-1 SEVIS record in order to obtain a dependent DS-2019 for the J-2 visa application process, please follow the process indicated on the Bringing a Dependent web page.
If you need to apply for DS-2019 extension, please follow the process indicated on the Extension of DS-2019 Program End Date web page.
To Request a New/ Updated DS-2019:
- Complete the DS-2019 Update/ Request Form including the Financial Worksheet (pg. 2)
- Submit the following paperwork to the Office of International Education:
- Completed DS-2019 Update/Request Form
- Proof of financial support until the end of your program. Acceptable proof includes:
- Current personal/family bank statement or available balance page of your online account information;
- Assistantship letter, scholarship letter, or fellowship letter; and/or
- Notarized letter from a sponsor (relative or third party) and sponsor’s financial bank statement
- Photocopies of your passport, visa, I-94, and DS-2019s
- Proof of health insurance and medical evacuation and repatriation coverage (e.g., photocopy of insurance card or policy details)
- Enrollment Certification showing full-time status for every semester enrolled at ESF (available at the Registrar’s Office)
- If applicable, a photocopy of approved Petition to the Faculty (e.g., change of program or program level requests)
The Coordinator of International Education will e-mail you upon issuance of your new DS-2019 within two weeks of the receipt of your request.