Things To Do Before Arriving at ESF
- Return Commitment to Enroll Form
- Review all of the information on your I-20 or DS-2019 to ensure that it is accurate.
If any of the information appears to be incorrect, please contact me at the Office of International Education (OIE@esf.edu) / Phone: 315-470-6691/ Fax: 315-470-6978) as soon as possible so that I can update your SEVIS record and mail a new I-20 to you prior to your visa interview.
- Scan and email a copy of your passport, student visa, and passport photo to OIE@esf.edu.
This is necessary to request that a student ID number be generated for you and to create an electronic file for you.
- Review all of the information on the "New Student" section of the Office of International Education Website
- Review all of the information on the appropriate ESF accepted student webpage and complete any required tasks.
- Submit Syracuse University Health Forms
Mail/Deliver completed form to: Syracuse University Health Services, 111 Waverly Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13244 315-443-2666
- Coordinate Travel to ESF
- Review the Office of International Education web page, "Arriving at the U.S Port of Entry"
- Review the U.S. Department of State's Information on Pre-departure Planning and Arrival
- Review the U.S. Department of State's Publication, See You In The U.S.
The Office of Student Affairs will mail information to complete online tasks in the spring/summer.
- Set-Up Your ESF College Account Online
- Personal Information
All new students must complete the Personal Information Form, which includes emergency contact and other essential information. The information also helps us get to know you and your class, and to serve your out-of-classroom needs. Providing information on race, ethnicity and marital status is optional—submit online.
- Policies Acknowledgement
Your signature is required on the Policies Acknowledgement portion of this form to verify that you have received, read and understand the ESF Student Handbook. Please note that your registration may be delayed if the signed form is not received—submit online.
One wallet-size copy of a recent photograph of you (a head and shoulders shot) is needed for your official personal file. Again, this helps us to best identify you in cases of emergency (this is NOT the photo used for your Student ID Card)—submit online.
- Personal Information
- Activate your NetID Online
The NetID is a personal identifier that is used to access ESF and SU computing resources. You will need the ten-digit SUID in order to complete this process. Click here to activate your NetID.
- Request your Student ID Card Online
Once you have activated your NetID, you may submit your student ID card photo online.